Move Newton+ to another bike

ndcycler

Move Newton+ to another bike

Post by ndcycler »

What is the process for moving my Newton+ between 2 bikes? I have the mounts and ant+ cadence and speed sensors for additional bike but i dont know how to set up an additional bike.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Move Newton+ to another bike

Post by Velocomp »

You can set up as many as four different systems on your Newton. Here's how:

1) Enter Setup (press-hold up arrow). Scroll with up arrow until you come to a screen that says Set Prof (Set Profile)

A "Profile" is the compilation of all data that is relevant to your bike (weight, calibrations, etc). There are 4 possible profiles, each stored separately in the Newton's memory.

2) Click the center button. Most likely you'll see Prof 1 (profile 1). This is the default value used in the Newton

3) Click the up arrow; you'll see Prof 2. This is a completely separate area of memory. If you click the up arrow again, you'll increment the profile number by one.

4) Click the center button to accept the profile you want. You'll see Done flash briefly. Your profile is now set to 2 (or whatever number you selected).

5) Now, do your complete setup procedure with Profile 2. All of your settings for your new bike will be in Profile 2, and all of your settings for your original bike will be in profile 1.
John Hamann
KimG

Post by KimG »

I would also recommend uploading your current profile via the Isaac software for safe keeping; just in case things go sideways while you're configuring your iBike. You can never be too safe when it comes to your data
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

KimG wrote:I would also recommend uploading your current profile via the Isaac software for safe keeping; just in case things go sideways while you're configuring your iBike. You can never be too safe when it comes to your data
This is a fine suggestion. Note, however, that every ride file includes the profile that was used to create it. So, at any time you can extract your profile for a particular bike simply by opening a ride file that was created with that bike. Use the Edit/Edit Profiles.../Extract from Ride File command.
John Hamann
mtbdcd

Wind speed incorrect before calibration ride

Post by mtbdcd »

I moved my Newton to a new bike, new profile, etc.
I did the fast start and noticed something really weird. Riding at say 20mph my wind speed(have absolute off) showed by wind speed around 10mph in any direction. Pretty much a still day. Did a cal wind several times with no wind blowing on it.

I did a calibration ride(no cal wind other than what i did previously) and immediately afterwards the wind speed started displaying correct numbers. Seems like a calibration ride is mandatory to get things working.

Also on the fast start est aero got got a real low number even though i answered yes to on the handlebars. After the calibration ride, aero doubled, friction about half.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Yes, any time you move your Newton to a new bike or bike setup, a cal ride is required.
John Hamann
ndcycler

Post by ndcycler »

John,
let me make sure I understand this correctly. I have 2 bikes that use my Newton+ on, I ride them both equal amounts of time. I have set up one on Prof 1 and the other on Prof 2. I have done calibration rides on both. When i change my Newton+ from one bike (Prof 1) to another (Prof 2) all I need to do is go into Setup and choose Prof 2. Is that correct? I assume I dont need to do a calibration ride each time i move my Newton+ as long as i have saved the profile.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your understanding is correct.

You do the Basic Setup (includes calibration ride) one time for each bike/profile. Thereafter, just select the appropriate profile for the bike you are using. All of your settings are memorized and there is no need to repeat the calibration ride.
John Hamann