Isaac crashes on Mac when setting up Newton+ GT

Brandy

Isaac crashes on Mac when setting up Newton+ GT

Post by Brandy »

Does anyone know why Isaac crashes on my Mac when I try to setup up my Newton+ GT? I successfully installed Isaac and then deleted my old iBike software on my Mac. Newton seems to work find on reading old iBike data. I'm guessing that I need to do this setup step for my Newton+ GT to talk to my Garmin Edge 800. So far, my Edge is not displaying power data from the Newton+.

Also, I'm suspicious that there is not a solid connection when using the USB cable. When I connect this cable between my MacBook and Newton, I don't see anything on my Newton to suggest it is being charged by my laptop, or connected for that matter. Should I be seeing something on the Newton+?

Lastly, I have Rx sunglasses that are polarized. The screen is totally unreadable when riding in daylight with polarized lenses. :(

- brandy
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Isaac crashes on Mac when setting up Newton+ GT

Post by Velocomp »

Please send us an email regarding your Newton. We have a polarized sunglass fix.

Check your battery charging in Setup. You'll see battery charge %.

Travis will email you regarding Isaac crashes.
John Hamann
Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Thanks for the quick response!

I'll send you an email regarding polarized display issues.

I just checked my Battery Charge and it is now at 100%. So it looks like it is charging fine when connected to my computer.

Do I have to connect my Newton+ GT to Isaac in the setup process in order for the Edge 800 to read the power data from the Newton??? Or do I have to wait until the Mac bug in Isaac gets fixed?

Thanks!
still-chasing

Post by still-chasing »

I paired my Garmin 910xt by going through "bike" "setting" menu in my Garmin. Go to Ant+Power menu and do a scan. It should pair up no problem. Make sure the ibike is turned on.
Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Must be an Edge 800 thing or something wrong with my unit. Your Garmin 910xt setup is similar to the Edge 800. Going through your procedure does not pick up the Newton. I have a selection option of "Sensor Details". When I touch that one, it says "Not Connected" and "Sensor ID -- 0". If I touch that, I get a 5 digit code I can enter. Maybe that is what I need from the Newton???

Thanks for your help.
lungbuster

Post by lungbuster »

Brandy wrote:
Lastly, I have Rx sunglasses that are polarized. The screen is totally unreadable when riding in daylight with polarized lenses. :(

- brandy
Just turn your head 90 degrees to the left ;)

John, can you send me a good iBike Newton plus which doesn't have a polarising problem. Prefer not to send my new iBike to and from Australia too often. Thanks
Regards
Wayne Gebert

http://www.coburgcycling.com.au
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please submit all warranty requests to technical support@velocomp.com
John Hamann
Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Follow up on this thread...

1) My Mac / NEwton issues were because I had some old iBike software. Tech support directed me to the additional file to download and everything works fine now with Isaac and Newton "talking" together.

2) The GT Newton+ I ordered was actually just a Newton+ (no GT). Tech support sent the the file to tune my Newton into a GT. Apparently, shipping has been pretty crazy there for the past week and things got mixed up.

3) Polarized screen issues on the Newton will be resolved with the new order of Newtons come in with new screens that wont create this problem for users who have polarized lenses. Apparently, their supplier sent the wrong lenses on this first shipment. I will swap my out when those arrive laster next month. No huge issue, since I view most of my data on my Edge 800.
Galego

Post by Galego »

Velocomp wrote:Please submit all warranty requests to technical support@velocomp.com
I think your email is incorrect:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

<support@velocomp.com>:
Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. vpopmail (#5.1.1)

My Newton only arrived today ( I live in Brazil ) and its battery is always at 22%, but it last only 2 seconds without the USB cable.

What email I should use?

Thanks,
Last edited by Galego on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
Specialized Roubaix Comp
Galego
Galego

Post by Galego »

---
Specialized Roubaix Comp
Galego
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Brandy wrote:Follow up on this thread...

1) My Mac / NEwton issues were because I had some old iBike software. Tech support directed me to the additional file to download and everything works fine now with Isaac and Newton "talking" together.

2) The GT Newton+ I ordered was actually just a Newton+ (no GT). Tech support sent the the file to tune my Newton into a GT. Apparently, shipping has been pretty crazy there for the past week and things got mixed up.

3) Polarized screen issues on the Newton will be resolved with the new order of Newtons come in with new screens that wont create this problem for users who have polarized lenses. Apparently, their supplier sent the wrong lenses on this first shipment. I will swap my out when those arrive laster next month. No huge issue, since I view most of my data on my Edge 800.
It's August, I dont know the development in this matter, but I found an interesting article about polarization collisions:http://alienryderflex.com/polarizer/

Make a try....