Profiles though Check Calibration Feature

DanielK

Profiles though Check Calibration Feature

Post by DanielK »

I've been using the Check Calibration feature to ensure that my profile is right and I think I've found a very good one to where when I check it is pretty spot on.

However, I am fairly technologically inept and would like if one of the experts on here could take a look at these two ride profiles and make sure everything is good to go. The key differences I did also is changing ensuring my body weight was correct and a chance in my tire PSI. Also, the whole wind speed thing.....I understand the "Effort Speed" if the blue is underneath but what if it is over the while line?

At first I thought the wattage readings were too high but if I can get some feedback my trust for the power meter will be 100% for sure! It's like 99.9% now due to my own technological failings :)

Any help is appreciated. My Stats: 6'1, ~210lbs, PSI 125, Bike/Equipment Weight 20lbs, Ride on Hoods
Attachments
iBike_03_06_2012_1419_43_Miles.ibr
(552.79 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
iBike_03_02_2012_1020_28_Miles.ibr
(286.68 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
racerfern

Re: Profiles though Check Calibration Feature

Post by racerfern »

Hey Daniel, your numbers look pretty darn good although your overall wind scaling appears to be high and that would lower your wattage. It's tough to say what the number should be because your out/back section is quite long but I'm inclined to think in the 2.8 range.

I think if you can do a shorter out/back on a flatter road, you'll find your wind scaling is lower. It's fine if the out/back is part of a longer ride as long as you check your wind offset just prior to starting that section.

Try another ride, post it here and we'll give it a look.
Fernando
DanielK

Post by DanielK »

Alright, thanks....I have a recovery ride scheduled for tomorrow so I'll do an out-and-back ride there. What influences the wind offset? I do a solid wind calibration every time I head out.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Wind Scaling is something you do once or twice when setting up your profile or doing a cal ride. Once you have a good profile you won't do another cal ride to set wind scaling unless there are dramatic changes, like riding position, real weight loss, etc.

Wind Offset is zeroing the iBike prior to every ride or if there are significant temperature changes as your ride progresses.
Fernando
DanielK

Post by DanielK »

Fernando,

I just did an out and back ride and it was perfectly done. Here is the file. Yes, the wind scaling was high but I figure everything else in the other profile was good as it changed when my weight changed.

OR should the profile developed from this ride be my new profile in general?

Thanks for the help and let me know!

Dan
Attachments
iBike_03_12_2012_1258_3_MilesOutBack.ibr
(41.73 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Now THAT is about as perfect an out/back as can be. I would take the profile the Check Calibration procedure created and make that your permanent profile. IOW the wind scaling drops to 2.967 but your CdA stays at .393. Simply run Check Calibration, send the profile to the iBike and click accept. Be sure to name the profile something that makes sense for the bike and equipment you use so you don't get confused if you want to create another setup. Good job!

Go ride!
Fernando