Sensors connect but in ride say not connected

Stryder09

Sensors connect but in ride say not connected

Post by Stryder09 »

So I went for my ride tonight and as always I made sure my speed, cadence, and heart rate were connected. I got my three green check marks, but then once I started riding it said my sensors are not connected and do I wish to try again? I stopped and re calibrated three times, but after each time it showed connected, and the I got the same error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad
FirmwareGuy

Re: Sensors connect but in ride say not connected

Post by FirmwareGuy »

Hi Brad,

In order to help you with this, I need to know exactly what app you are using and what sensors you are using. We have several apps and two different types of sensors (ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart Sensors) that are used with out products.

If you could tell me the name of the app under the icon you use to launch the app on your phone, that would be most helpful. It could be "iBike", "iBike Coach", "iBike GPS", or "iBike CC".

Also, could you please let me know what model of iPhone or iPod Touch you are using (i.e. iPhone 4, 4s, 5, etc).

While I'm waiting on those answers, here is some information for you. I have had very good success with the following procedure when you initially set up a new bike:
1. Spin your wheel or crank to wake up the sensors.
2. Insert your phone (or iPod Touch) into the case and close the door.
3. Launch the app.
4. Go to the screen in the bike info that where you can scan for sensors.
5. Execute the sensor scan and wait for the scan to complete. Hopefully, it will find all your sensors.
6. Exit the sensor scan screen and save your settings.
7. Exit the app and then "force quit" the app.

At this point, the sensor settings should be saved. From now on, when you want to ride your bike and use the app, I'd use the following steps:
1. Spin your wheel or crank to wake up the sensors.
2. Insert your phone (or iPod Touch) into the case and close the door.
3. Launch the app.
4. Start your ride. Within a few seconds, you should see your speed, cadence, and heart-rate values appear.

One last thing to note, the check marks that you are referring to are really simply indicating that the sensors were found when you originally did your sensor scan and that their configuration/pairing information was saved. The check marks are not an indication that you are actually currently connected to those sensors.

I hope this helps.
Stryder09

Post by Stryder09 »

Thanks for the response back. I am using a iPhone 4S, and the ibike coach app. The sensors Are Ant + they are the ones that came with my ibike dash. My heart rate monitor strap is a Trek strap that has always connected.

Until yesterday, I have never had a problem with it connecting, but I will also try your suggestions tonight before my ride.

Thanks,

Brad
FirmwareGuy

Post by FirmwareGuy »

Hi Brad,

Are you still have problems with the sensor connections?