Compatibility iBike and another applications

Tomas Mottl

Compatibility iBike and another applications

Post by Tomas Mottl »

Hello,

I wanted to ask if will ever be compatible iBike and third-party applications e.g. Runtastic, Strava or Endomondo, etc.? I mean full compatibility, not only just upload option (as in the case of Strava). My point is that the third-party application will be able to detect the signal iBike sensors (speed / cadence / heart rate). Why third-party applications can not recognize the signal iBike sensors? For example I have a set iBike Dash CC Deluxe cycling computer and I would like to use it with the Runtastic or Strava applications. Will it ever be possible?

Unfortunately, so far I see it as a big competitive advantage Wahoo products that are fully compatible with a range of applications.

Thank you very much for answer

Tomas
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Compatibility iBike and another applications

Post by Velocomp »

What you seek is coming soon.
John Hamann
jayt

Post by jayt »

Has it happened? So far, it (original iBIke Dash) doesn't appear to work with anything else.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

All of our apps are compatible with Strava.
John Hamann
jayt

Post by jayt »

"compatibility" with Strava - meaning you can send results to Strava is not what was asked for here. There are many iPhone apps that can use sensor data (Ant +) from the Wahoo dongal, it would be nice to be able to use the sensors in other apps. Runtastic is a good example.
greggx4

Post by greggx4 »

"I wanted to ask if will ever be compatible iBike and third-party applications e.g. Runtastic, Strava or Endomondo, etc.? I mean full compatibility, not only just upload option (as in the case of Strava). My point is that the third-party application will be able to detect the signal iBike sensors (speed / cadence / heart rate). Why third-party applications can not recognize the signal iBike sensors?"

I, too, would like to use data collected by the iBike Dash via Ant+ in other applications. This would be SUPPLEMENTAL to my use of iBike, after all, I already bought the hardware, but there are other apps that I want to use for other things. If I have to buy another ant+ sensor, I cant use the iBike. So why not share that data with other apps?

please?
g.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

I think the issue is that the iBike either receives the power signal from a DFPM OR if it does not receive a power signal from another device, it can then broadcast power to another device.

Since the iDash is the equivalent of having a power meter and GPS recorder in one unit there is no need to broadcast the power signal.There would have to be a handoff of the iDash data over to the Strava app for example. However, that doesn't accomplish anything since which ever app you use still has to upload to Strava for example. Is the problem that Runtastic doesn't accept an iDash exported file such as CSV or TCX?
Fernando