Ibike app to strava

Stryder09

Ibike app to strava

Post by Stryder09 »

I know that you can send ride data from the Ibike coach app to your strava account, can you also send your Ibike app rides to strava as well? If so how do I do that?
racerfern

Re: Ibike app to strava

Post by racerfern »

If you mean an iBike/Newton then you can send to Strava after combining the GPS data from another source. Besides the iBike/Newton what other device do you record with?
Fernando
Stryder09

Post by Stryder09 »

I was meaning from the original Ibike dash app? Ibike coach app has the button to send to strava, but the original Ibike app doesn't. So I was wondering if you can get he Ibike app to strava somehow?
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

The iDash downloads files in "ibd" format so they would have to be saved in CSV format before uploading.
Fernando
Stryder09

Post by Stryder09 »

How do I save it in that format?
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

It's easy, after downloading to Isaac software and doing analysis simply click on File > Export > CSV. Note where the file was saved. In the latest version of the software there is a folder for exported files.

Now open Strava and click upload activity. Click on the second choice down, select a file on your computer or something like that. Go to the folder, select the file and it will upload.

I do it all the time and it works perfectly.
Fernando
Stryder09

Post by Stryder09 »

Thank you I was able to do it. It was actually very easy I just had to look! Now if only getting back into shape were as easy... Use to ride and now dealing with 15 years of neglect.
Stryder09

Post by Stryder09 »

I do have a couple other questions... I saw in an earlier post this year about the time difference from my iPhone to strava, like 9 hours. Was this ever answered? It's not a big deal, it just shows that I am riding instead of being a work (lol god forbid my boss sees my log when I have a kids dentist appointment and my log says I went riding at 11:30 am)

Also I see that my Ibike data and my strava data are slightly difference, time and distance, average speed... Again not by much but still different, even though all the info is being sent from the Ibike coach app? I realize this was brought up in a couple different posts earlier in the year, but there wasn't really an answer given back for the difference.

Thanks for the help.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Post your Strava name or if you prefer you can email me your Strava user name to fernando.j.maldonado at gmail.com

You can also drop me a private message on this forum. I'll have a look at the Strava times and see if we can figure this out. I would also like you to email or upload the file you uploaded so I can compare.

Strava takes your file and massages it. It may have different criteria for "stopped time" and minimum speed to be considered moving. Consequently your iBike files and Strava data will vary. The most accurate is your iBike file, there's no doubt about that.

Thanks!
Last edited by racerfern on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add more info.
Fernando
aob

Post by aob »

I tested iBike Coach out again this morning, I too still have the issue with incorrect timestamps on Strava uploads.

I haven't used the iBike Coach for a while as I've been rather peeved by the lack of support, this issue has been around for months with no action.

See this ride taken (local time) starting at about 6:20am, yet Strava shows 11:23pm yesterday??
http://app.strava.com/rides/12257925

I've also logged support requests on Strava with no luck.

Rgds,
Andrew.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Let's try to get to the bottom of this. Since you are on the other side of the International Date Line (at least from where I am living), what was the actual date and time of this ride? From my perspective it could have been on the 30th, 1st, or 2nd. From your perspective you obviously know the date and time but it's not so obvious to someone on the other side of the world, if you know what I mean.
Fernando
aob

Post by aob »

Hi Racerfern,

Local Time (Both Real and as shown in the iBike Coach History)
2nd of July, 2012 @ 6:23am.

Strava Time
1st of July, 2012 @ 23:23

Rgds,
Andrew.