ibike dash+power crashes

jante350

ibike dash+power crashes

Post by jante350 »

Ive noticed a few bugs with the app after some extensive use:

If used with spotify via bluetooth headset the app crashes if you press home button and then restarts the app. It shows up but there is no numbers in the data fields. Only option is a hard reset of the phone to get it working again. Same if you take a call while spotify runs.

Spotify playback also tends to break up after some use, say an hour or so, not sure if this is ibike or spotify.

Avg button doesn't show correct on heart rate, it just shows whatever was there when pressed.

This is on latest IOS on iPhone 4.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: ibike dash+power crashes

Post by Velocomp »

When you restart the iBike app after exiting it, if you see blank fields, try swiping to a different screen. Very often the fields reappear in the swiped-to screen, then in all screens thereafter.

We will check out the average heart rate report.
John Hamann
jante350

Post by jante350 »

Thanks for the tip. Ive tried this at least one time, and then it wouldn't swipe, it was just frozen.
jante350

Post by jante350 »

Tried it again today after a freezeup after a phone call (im a busy fella). The software showed only empty boxes, tried to swipe but nothing happens. Suddenly 20 seconds later the numbers reappear and
everything is back to normal. Sometimes it shows a screen saying collection data or something like that, but nothing after a call. Looks like a small bug here?

When is the next app update due, no exact date needed, but do we talk days, weeks or months? :-)
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

We've got a very busy summer of improvements ahead of us.
John Hamann
phelgar

Post by phelgar »

A little off topic, but I had a bad crash with my iBike dash+power. The last reading was speed 21.9 mph and power was 1645 watts. I destroyed the handle bars, brake hoods, seat and derailleur. The iBike case was scratched pretty good using the universal handle bar mount, but my iPhone was unscathed and the iBike dash+power continues to work fine. I think this should lay to rest any questions about the iBike case protecting the iPhone.
FelicianoVASA

Post by FelicianoVASA »

When trying to upload data from training, the app just crash in the collecting data.
Any sugestions?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

FelicianoVASA wrote:When trying to upload data from training, the app just crash in the collecting data.
Any sugestions?
In Mail, make sure you have a correct email address for the destination of your ride files. If the email address is incorrect the app will crash.
John Hamann
FelicianoVASA

Post by FelicianoVASA »

Velocomp wrote:
FelicianoVASA wrote:When trying to upload data from training, the app just crash in the collecting data.
Any sugestions?
In Mail, make sure you have a correct email address for the destination of your ride files. If the email address is incorrect the app will crash.
I have a correct email adress.
If I do a reset it might work?
Can I re instal app without losing data?

Help please.
FirmwareGuy

Post by FirmwareGuy »

You could try a Reset to see if it clears up the problem.

If you try to uninstall and reinstall the app, you WILL lose your data. So, I would not recommend it at this time. Have you successfully used the app to email yourself ride data before? I'm just trying to figure out if this is a problem unique to this particular ride file or if it may be something else.
rcmaps

Post by rcmaps »

I have had to uninstall and reinstall the app a few times in the past as my unit was showing weird results. Turned out that the unit was found to be defective after I sent in back to Velocomp.

Anyway, no big deal reinstalling the app, the thing to remember to do before uninstalling the App is to:-

1. Take screen shots of your key screens such as your favourite screen layout while riding (ie press the home and power button at the same time and it will capture the screen into your photos )
2. Go to Advance Options-Check iDash Settings and copy everything in this screen so that you can re-enter the values back when you re-install the App

You can now uninstall it - reboot the phone, then reinstall the App
  • Go through Bike Setup but don't do a calibrate ride yet
    Re-enter all the key details as per above and configure user screen back using captured screen shots as a guide.
    You'll need to re do tilt but don't necessarily have to perform a Calibrate Ride.
Hope that helps.
sun

Post by sun »

jante350 wrote:Ive noticed a few bugs with the app after some extensive use:

If used with spotify via bluetooth headset the app crashes if you press home button and then restarts the app. It shows up but there is no numbers in the data fields. Only option is a hard reset of the phone to get it working again. Same if you take a call while spotify runs.

Spotify playback also tends to break up after some use, say an hour or so, not sure if this is ibike or spotify.

Avg button doesn't show correct on heart rate, it just shows whatever was there when pressed.

This is on latest IOS on iPhone 4.

Mine too..... idash power, newest app/ios.
FelicianoVASA

Post by FelicianoVASA »

rcmaps wrote:I have had to uninstall and reinstall the app a few times in the past as my unit was showing weird results. Turned out that the unit was found to be defective after I sent in back to Velocomp.

Anyway, no big deal reinstalling the app, the thing to remember to do before uninstalling the App is to:-

1. Take screen shots of your key screens such as your favourite screen layout while riding (ie press the home and power button at the same time and it will capture the screen into your photos )
2. Go to Advance Options-Check iDash Settings and copy everything in this screen so that you can re-enter the values back when you re-install the App

You can now uninstall it - reboot the phone, then reinstall the App
  • Go through Bike Setup but don't do a calibrate ride yet
    Re-enter all the key details as per above and configure user screen back using captured screen shots as a guide.
    You'll need to re do tilt but don't necessarily have to perform a Calibrate Ride.
Hope that helps.
I have done all that. Nothing works. I have do a restore then it works...today Iphone crash again and the same bug again...Help from Team Velocomp!!
FirmwareGuy

Post by FirmwareGuy »

I have checked the apple crash logs for the iBike app and I have not seen any reported that would pertain to your crash. If an app crashes on your iPhone, when you sync with iTunes, a crash report should get copied from your phone to your computer. If you could send that crash report to me, I may be able to use that to figure out what is causing the crash on your phone. The location of the crash reports differ based on the computer and operating system you use. If you have trouble locating the .crash file, let me know and I can help you find it on your system. The crash reports that I care about would have the iBike app name in the file name and the .crash file extension.