Ibike coach

Stryder09

Ibike coach

Post by Stryder09 »

I just purchased the Ibike dash and have installed the Ibike coach app on my iPhone. It wasn't the deluxe I bought because my apple stores in Edmonton never carried the deluxe only the Ibike dash. However saying that I was able to get my old trek heart rate band and trek cadence sensor to read and work with the app.

1) My question is though, is there no where to set up my heart rate zones and maximums? Also I see when I ride I can see my cadence and my heart rate but once the ride is done there is no tracking of either during the ride in the app. I can see mu average speed,maximum speed, distance but not what my average cadence was or what my heart rate was for the ride.

Is there another set-up in the Ibike coach app that will allow to see this information once the ride is done?

2) One other question,I also installed the Ibike app, andI see in its setup there is a calibration setup for the phone booth for how it is sitting on your bike so that it c accurately gage,climbing and descending percentages but in the coach app that isn't there? How is this to be done with the Ibike coach app?

3) Also on the website they talk about Hr based interval workouts, how do I get them or access them?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Ibike coach

Post by Velocomp »

To access the HR zone features, use the iBike app, also free, available on the App Store.
John Hamann
Stryder09

Post by Stryder09 »

Ok so I went for a ride this morning using just the regular Ibike app. It said that it connected my heart rate band and the cadence sensor no problem. When I got on my bike I could see my heart rate so all is good! I created 5 screens for rider information.

1st screen current time, riding time, distance, average speed, speed gauge, Hr, cadence.
2nd screen heart rate, %HR, average HR, Max HR
3rd screen cadence, average cadence, max cadence.
4th screen speed, average speed, max speed
5th screen (map screen) gps map, speed, climbing, slope, distance, gps elevation

However because of the sun today I had a hard time seeing my screen, no big deal though because I would get all the data when I got home.

So I finished my ride and I get home and go to look at my computer and it shows me my distance and average speed on the first page. But on my heart rate page, there is no data, on my cadence page, there is no data, speed page, there is no data, on the map page it never mapped the ride.

Why didn't it do any of this stuff? And to top it off I went to send ride by email and hit the delete all ride data by mistake! Arghhhh
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

All of your data is stored in the ride file. All of it is displayed (in considerable detail) in the iBike software.

Unfortunately, if you deleted your ride file then you won't get access to all the goodies you're seeking.

Make sure to turn your screen brightness to full, and turn Auto-Brightness off.
John Hamann
jante350

Post by jante350 »

Why isnt there a little window to let light to the light sensor on the iphone? That would be a nice power saver to have the auto bright enabled, and a big bonus going through tunnels
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Later this summer we will be looking at ways to improve power savings. We think this can be done in the app, as opposed to making a change to the case design.
John Hamann
jante350

Post by jante350 »

I agree on this. May I suggest a feature that dims the light to zero, but at a tap of a finger it comes on for a given set of time? This must be possible to turn on and off.
That would be a very nice feature on long slow training trips where you are more interesting in the log afterwards than info on the way, and you have more than enough time
and opportunity to touch the screen to get the info you need. I believe that would be a relatively easy to implement and give a huge boost to battery life.

Ive run ibike together with runkeeper in the background just for testing purposes, and this works smoothly, but battery life is further reduced, so If you have a way
of "shutting down" some of the load on the cpu while blackening the screen I believe it will further extend battery life aswell.