Phone Booth battery Rattle

Jfala

Phone Booth battery Rattle

Post by Jfala »

Not sure how many others are experiencing this issue with the Phone Booth. I have had this problem for a while and cannot seem to get rid of it. No matter how many times I tighten down the iPhone platform inside the Phone Booth, the screws loosen, and the spare battery rattles around losing its connection with the phone booth and thusly not charging the booth. I start every ride with a fully charged iPhone and spare battery and without fail about 10 minutes into my rides the charging icon disappears after riding over some "rough" road. I can hear the battery rattling inside of the compartment and it is incredibly frustrating. I have relocated the Booth to the second position closer to the center of the headset to reduce vibration.

Last weekend I tightened the screws before heading out. I checked the battery icon and it had stopped "charging" so I opened the Phone Booth latch and found the screw sitting in the door recess. Without a screwdriver I just closed the door with the screws inside and continued my ride. Is there a fix for this issue? I love using the Dash + Power but this flaw is making it difficult.

Thanks.

Jeff
TriBike

Re: Phone Booth battery Rattle

Post by TriBike »

Sure, you can try a dab of locktite on the screws, but I wouldn't go overboard with it. Also, make sure there is a soft pad on the door to help compress the battery into the springs. If not, you can use the extra foam from the pack of rails that was sent with the unit for the door. I have also found that putting a small piece of foam on the underside of the tray, where it depresses the battery (it appears like a tongue) also helps with the noise, and keeping the battery in place. Give it a try, and keep me posted.
Jfala

Post by Jfala »

TriBike,

Thank you. I will try your methods and see how it goes. I don't recall there being any extra foam that shipped with the unit so I will have to figure that out as well. This still seems like a design issue that needs to be addressed.

Thanks again.

Jeff
Jfala

Post by Jfala »

TriBike,

I put in some foam "cushions" to hold the batter in place and it seems to be working. I will keep experimenting.

Thanks for the tip.

Jeff