Battery life

racerfern

Re: Battery life

Post by racerfern »

magnavaladrien wrote:So i confirm that temperature have a important action on batteries. I make a ride in 10 C temperature and i hade use only 3 batteries so!!! VELOCOMP, can you in the future version of phone case use a isolation for cold outdoor temperature?
Rather than use the coach app, try a different app that does show the charging icon. You don't have to ride to see if charging continues or not. Any app that consumes a reasonable amount of power and shows the battery symbol. Also bounce the unit around. You may initially have contact but lose it after hitting some bumps. This is usually due to the springs needing a slight adjustment.
Fernando
magnavaladrien

Post by magnavaladrien »

I, thanks millmouse!!!! I success to change original batteries icone by a personnal one. Now i have differente color and sign for changing, charged and used batteries and and also critical batteries level so it will help me to teste properly the phone case charge 2013 winter cause i dont have batteries probleme it hot temperature. I will also test it with ios 5.1.1 as soon as a jailbreak will be realese
Sorry for my english language but it is not my native language
jante350

Post by jante350 »

As for bigger capacity batteries:

I have 2 original ibike 900mah batteries, 2 1050mah batteries and 6 1500mah batteries bought off ebay.

All batteries work, and they all last just about the same amount of time (give or take an hour or so) with everything off.

Conclusion: Those so called hi capacity batteries are a hoax, and you can just as well go with the original battery sold through this site....
Millmouse

Post by Millmouse »

still it is an interesting discussion. I live in Holland and bought my dash through the apple store. Here the parts are not easily available so i would be interested in finding replacements without wrecking my dash and/or iPhone. So any suggestions are still welcome and please keep me informed on tests performed by fellow users!
Millmouse

Post by Millmouse »

sun wrote:iDash use kodak's KLIC-7003 compatible battery.
super, thx for the tip!bought of the www for few bucks.
FelicianoVASA

Post by FelicianoVASA »

I am really impressed with the duration that are claimed in yours iphones. The duration that are mentioned is with the GPS antena on?

Some of Klics 7003 do not work with ibike dash case. Outhers are ok. All of them have the contacts connected in the Idash case. Big mistery...
FelicianoVASA

Post by FelicianoVASA »

Be ware with some klic batteries. As Jonhan said can ruin your idash! Velocomp, Did you know if theres is any reason why amazon do not send batteries outside US?
Criggie

Post by Criggie »

sun wrote:iDash use kodak's KLIC-7003 compatible battery.
Looks like these batteries are under $5 each at http://www.dx.com/p/compatible-3-7v-130 ... 7003-72388
They don't have a charger though.

This battery is also used in these Kodak cameras, which are all five+ years old so one of them would make a fine charger.
Kodak EasyShare V550
Kodak Easyshare V570
Kodak EasyShare V610
Kodak EasyShare V705
Kodak EasyShare V750
Kodak EasyShare M753
Kodak EasyShare M853
Kodak EasyShare M763
Kodak EasyShare M863
Kodak EasyShare M893 IS
Kodak EasyShare M1063
Kodak EasyShare M1073 IS