iDash +Power with Power2Max and other bugs

sun

iDash +Power with Power2Max and other bugs

Post by sun »

- I'm using Power2Max DFPM.
When crank stops about 2 minutes Power2max enter the sleep mode, then iDash lose the connection temporarily.
Re-run App or re-find sensor is only way to reconnect.

- 'Tweet Ride Stats' On/Off function is not working. End ride always show the tweet screen even turning off this feature.

- ODO meter is not working right for any attempt.

- TSS, IF is not working.

And I'm so happy if you add color display feature to DFPM field like Power field in iDash's screens.

I'm using iphone 4, ios 5.0.1, iBike Dash +Power, Power2Max with Rotor 3D.

Thanks.
Last edited by sun on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Roadiemark

Re: iDash +Power with Power2Max

Post by Roadiemark »

Hi

have you paired the power meter with the ibike dash?

does the powwer meter wake ok when the crank turns again?

if the unit is paired it should register as so as a singal is set again just like the speed or cadence sensor, check the power meter manual to see if there is a setting there.

mark
Trek Madone 5.5
Suunto t6c
Garmin Edge 800
Garmin FR910 XT
isport
ibike Dash+power
ithlete
sun

Re: iDash +Power with Power2Max

Post by sun »

>>have you paired the power meter with the ibike dash?

100% Sure! And I've added DFPM on home screen.
It works fine for the first time.

>>does the power meter wake ok when the crank turns again?

iDash app did not recieve signal from Power2Max that wake up from sleep mode. That's the problem.
Last edited by sun on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
sun

Re: iDash +Power with Power2Max and other bug

Post by sun »

I sent e-mails to velocomp, but there was no right answer and for several months to modify and update the iDash +Power App are not doing. :(
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: iDash +Power with Power2Max and other bugs

Post by Velocomp »

We will investigate this.

The Power 2 Max is a new ANT+ DFPM.

We don't have these problems with other DFPMs (PT, SRM, Quarq) so there might be something different with the P2M implementation.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Whenever you do a sensor scan, the app will report a "dev ID" for each sensor.

Please do a Bike Setup and skip forward to the Find Sensor screen. Write down the dev ID for your DFPM sensor (in the example below it is 2049).

If you then encounter the problem, and have to do a new sensor scan, please note the dev ID both before and after the scan.

Please post your findings.
Attachments
Example of DFPM dev ID
Example of DFPM dev ID
photo.PNG (119.69 KiB) Viewed 11199 times
John Hamann
sun

Post by sun »

My P2M dev id:1406 type id: 5 in sensor scan.
DFPM works fine at first run ibike app.
App is still running, but stopped about two minutes(Power2max enter the sleep mode) and re-pedaling the DFPM crank, DFPM power data does not appear in the app.
Press iphone's home button and Re-run iDash App or re-find sensor in Bike Setup menu is only way to re-activate DFPM in iDash app.
Re-find sensor in Bike Setup menu has the same id(dev id:1406 type id: 5).
sun

Post by sun »

- 'Tweet Ride Stats' On/Off function is not working. End ride always show the tweet screen even turning off this feature.
I can turn off in 'Setting - Twitter - iBike' on iPhone, but it is still impossible in ibike app.

- ODO meter is not working properly for any attempt and TSS, IF is not working.
These bugs have been continued for several months.
NP work fine.
IF= NP ÷ FTP
TSS= IF × IF × (time ÷ 3600) × 100
Is that so hard to fix?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

It's not a matter of difficulty; it is a matter of resources ;)

Hopefully we can take a look within the next 30 days.
John Hamann
sun

Post by sun »

Velocomp wrote:It's not a matter of difficulty; it is a matter of resources ;)

Hopefully we can take a look within the next 30 days.
Another month? It's too slow, slow, slow. Very disappointed.
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Sun -

I think you need to realize that not all companies are staffed with 100's of engineers - small startups are constrained by everything startup. Velocomp/iBike is far beyond any of the other companies out there - in this particular arena, for sure.

Add to that - Apple poses a blockade for every app that is added to the app store - for good reason (user experience!), which Microsoft based systems do not have the same business model - that is attempting to ensure that the product experience remains at a high level.

If you add Apple's integrity to that of Velocomp's - then you have one of the few product lines that has not been compromised.

With limited resources, this company has to first - survive and then continue excellent customer service. As part of that, software bugs will get squashed - but it only makes sense to fix several and not one at a time. Let alone the same people supporting software are undoubtedly working on new features.

You might argue that some of the bugs that have shown up could be avoided by a larger beta testing population - I don't know how much either the hardware or software are field tested before they are generally available - that is a Velocomp choice (and not every option will likely get exercised to the point of being bullet proof.) But once again, limited resources are integral to their ability to keep good products.

How much of a response do you get from a Microsoft? What about any new features? I would argue that small companies like Velocomp do a great job.

Tom :ugeek:
Last edited by lorduintah on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I appreciate the understandable desire for us to fix bugs, and also the appreciation that things do take time to fix.

I beta tested today two releases of an iBike app update that fixes the Twitter, IF and TSS problems. As it turns out, the TSS/IF bugs were created when Apple updated its Xcode development system. I'm not blaming Apple; rather, I'm trying to express the fact that sometimes unexpected things happen...

Unfortunately, the app betas I tested revealed a new bug of its own. Until we fix the NEW bug we won't release this update.

We have no idea why the Power2Max bug exists. We don't own this DFPM (we don't know many people who do) but hopefully we will find something.
John Hamann
sun

Post by sun »

lorduintah wrote:Sun -

I think you need to realize that not all companies are staffed with 100's of engineers - small startups are constrained by everything startup. Velocomp/iBike is far beyond any of the other companies out there - in this particular arena, for sure.

Add to that - Apple poses a blockade for every app that is added to the app store - for good reason (user experience!), which Microsoft based systems do not have the same business model - that is attempting to ensure that the product experience remains at a high level.

If you add Apple's integrity to that of Velocomp's - then you have one of the few product lines that has not been compromised.

With limited resources, this company has to first - survive and then continue excellent customer service. As part of that, software bugs will get squashed - but it only makes sense to fix several and not one at a time. Let alone the same people supporting software are undoubtedly working on new features.

You might argue that some of the bugs that have shown up could be avoided by a larger beta testing population - I don't know how much either the hardware or software are field tested before they are generally available - that is a Velocomp choice (and not every option will likely get exercised to the point of being bullet proof.) But once again, limited resources are integral to their ability to keep good products.

How much of a response do you get from a Microsoft? What about any new features? I would argue that small companies like Velocomp do a great job.

Tom :ugeek:

I totally agree.
But I am a consumer, not a donor.

I'll be waiting for velocomp's problem solving!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I'm not aware of any consumer computer product that has ever been 100% perfect, 100% bug free, 100% of the time. And I can't think of any computer company that notifies their customers in advance that they acknowledge and are working on problems/solutions, and provide a schedule for correcting them.

We will be submitting to Apple within the next 24 hours an app update that fixes the TSS, IF, NP, Twitter issues. As soon as Apple approves the update we can all move on to new topics!
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

iBike app 1.0.13, which corrects the TSS, IF, and Twitter issues, was posted on Apple's App Store on Feb 11.

Enjoy!
John Hamann