Help-Odd Problem V 1.07

jlbeau

Help-Odd Problem V 1.07

Post by jlbeau »

Running Version 1.07. Went out for a ride today. Ibike dash running fine. About an hour into the ride pulled over to accept a phone call. When call completed pushed icon for ibike app. Ibike screen appears but shows "data uploading" and won't get back to a full screen. Need to pull over disconnect from phone booth and reconnect. When re-inserted into phonebooth all ride data returns and works fine but there is no Options icon at bottom center of screen only a running clock with some absurd time like 5 hours or something. When my ride is completed I have no way to end the current ride. Home icon does not work and there is no Options icon to access. I again have to take iphone out of phonebooth and reconnect to end current ride. The time will show 5 hours on the screen but when opening the file in iBike windows all the ride data is correct in windows ibd file. The actual riding time was 1:56:14.

PS- Ibike App works fine as long as i don't multitask to another app. Did the same thing when tried to multitask my contacts.

Any thoughts or shared experiences?......................JIM
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Help-Odd Problem V 1.07

Post by Velocomp »

Here's what is going on.

When you take a phone call this interrupts the iBike app. During the phone call the electronics record your ride data. When the phone call ends your iBike app resumes and the "Data Uploading" message appears, meaning that the electronics are weaving the missing data into the ride file.

Depending on how long your phone call lasted, it could take a minute or more to weave the "missing" data back into the ride file.

Unfortunately, if you stop the updating process, by removing your phone, it's like pulling the plug on an operational computer--everything gets screwed up.

So, be patient when resuming the app. Soon the "Uploading Data" message will disappear, and all will be well.
John Hamann
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Sounds like a better message text - Uploading data - do not disconnect ------ should be used.

Maybe even a progress bar, if you want to get even more GUI.
jlbeau

Post by jlbeau »

John--Thanks for the response, however I must tell you I was patient, I waited more 10 minutes and the "data uploading" never did go away. It seemed a little too long, like it was in an infinite loop. The phone call could not have been much more than a minute. Does that make sense?.................JIM
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

How many old ride files do you have on your iPhone?

It should only take a few seconds for the message to disappear.
John Hamann
jlbeau

Post by jlbeau »

John- There are 3 ride files in my iphone. This is not the first time I have experienced this. I normally don't have to switch out of my iBike app but it has happened at least 3 times since switching to V1.07...........JIM
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I would save your settings, uninstall the app, then reinstall it.

I use this feature all the time, without any problems whatsoever...
John Hamann
rcmaps

Post by rcmaps »

One other thing you could try is to "reboot" your phone before you start up the iBike app.

In the past when I had problems with my iDash recognising the ibike sensors while on a ride - ie not showing any cadence or speed (or sometimes only showing one and not the other) turning off and on my iPod Touch always fixes the problem.

I think it could be due to memory (RAM) of the unit being low as too many Apps are running in the background or had previously been opened and closed-by rebooting your device, you start off again with the full RAM for your iBike app.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

What version of firmware is in your Phone Booth? You can check this in Options/Version Info.

If you get an "Update Firmware" message, make sure to note the FW version before performing the FW update.
John Hamann