Lap, Ext. battery, Wind, Phonebooth Latch, Timeout

k12s

Lap, Ext. battery, Wind, Phonebooth Latch, Timeout

Post by k12s »

Hello,
I'm a new iBike Dash user. Great product! I am using an iPhone 4, running 4.3.3 with the latest version of iBike Dash+Power, and I've got a few questions:

1. Lap button - How can I tell whether I've pressed the lap button? Is there a visual Lap indicator? Is there anyway to see what lap I'm on? Ideally, the "Lap" text label would change to the lap number with each successive press "Lap"->"1"->"2"->"3", etc.
2. External battery - if my iPhone and external battery are fully charged in the phonebooth, and later my iPhone battery drops a few percentage points, does that mean my external battery is depleted?
3. If wind speed shows 7 mph while at a stand still, and no wind blowing, do I need to recalibrate wind?
4. I'm using Velocomp's new Bridge "U" mount. Occasionally, the phonebooth latch opens when I ride over bumpy pavement. Can I tighten the door latch, or is this by design?
5. The latest update keeps iBike running even if I access another iPhone app. If I forget to "End Ride", will iPhone continue to monitor even if I forget to End Ride? Or, does it timeout after a set time?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
racerfern

Re: Lap, Ext. battery, Wind, Phonebooth Latch, Timeout

Post by racerfern »

I'll tackle the first three:

1) The lap button changes from Light to Dark for a second when hitting the lap button. If you hold your finger over the lap button you won't see it happen. However, you can also configure a "Lap" field in the custom screen setup. From there you can see the number increment.

2) When the external battery is keeping the iPhone charged you should see a charging symbol in the upper right corner on the battery indicator. Shortly after that symbol disappears your iPhone battery will start to discharge. To conserve power try dimming your screen a bit.

3) Once you've calibrated you shouldn't have to do it again on the ride. I've seen spurious numbers when stopped, however they immediately settle in as soon as you start riding.

4) Hmm.

5) Good question, I'm not sure if there is a timeout, but there probably should be.
Fernando