Major iBike app update 1.0.6 now available

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Major iBike app update 1.0.6 now available

Post by Velocomp »

The new iBike 1.0.6 update adds two important features:

1) "Always On" data recording that keeps on-screen and ride file data up to date and accurate, even during periods when the iBike app is exited (phone call, change music, etc). Even when the iBike app is not running, the iBike electronics record data in the background. Then, when the iBike app is resumed, the "missing" data is inserted into the ride file, and the on-screen stats are updated. The Always On feature requires a complex interaction between, app, electronics, and firmware. It is pretty cool; your iBike app effectively operates in a multi-tasking manner, even though iOS does not support app/accessory multitasking :D

2) For iBike Dash + Power owners, tilt calibrations for multiple bikes are now memorized in the profiles. So, you won't have to do a new tilt cal every time you swap bikes.

There's also a new implementation of Wireless Scan, which is faster and more reliable, and also some other bug fixes.
John Hamann
aaduarte

Re: Major iBike app update 1.0.6 now available

Post by aaduarte »

Great, congratulations.
but is it possible that screen configurations aren't accessible on the 3G.
I've tried several times and failed.
Tried on the 4 and acceded fine.

I've just completed a Marathon and didn't know that the Tilt must be changed when changing bikes at the previous version. Arghh! is it possible tocorrect it at the ibike desktop tilt (or slope or ?) correction?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Tilt will fix itself after 5 minutes, so no worries.

Screen configurations work on all models, including 3G.
John Hamann
DennyS

Post by DennyS »

Looks like metric system is still not fixed. Setting reference elevation still thinks it is in feet.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

It is fixed. You should be able to change from english to metric units.

If you're having problems after changing units try exiting the app, then relaunch.

If that doesn't work then delete your existing iBike app and do a clean install of 1.0.6. You will have to go through a bike setup if you delete the app.
Attachments
metric units.PNG
metric units.PNG (83.59 KiB) Viewed 8629 times
metric ele.PNG
metric ele.PNG (174.37 KiB) Viewed 8623 times
John Hamann
DennyS

Post by DennyS »

I removed the app, then brought it back by re-syncing with iTunes. After entering bike data, still the same problem.
I removed the app, and made a clean install through App store, the same problem.

I tried Setting reference elevation to 45m, exit the Advanced options, Done, back to User Screen with Elevation, and it shows 13 or 14m.
I tried Setting reference elevation to 45m, exit Advanced options, Done, put app in the background, and back, the Elevations is around 13 or 14m.
I tried the same setting, then exiting app, restarting app, the elevations is still 13 or 14m.

I tried setting reference elevation to 150m, and the Elevation shows 46m.

When I was setting the bike, I chose Metric units. Is there any other place to choose Metric system? If not, this looks like a bug (at least on my iDash), and can live with workaround by multiplying current elevation by 3, entering that as the reference elevation, and then start a ride.
rcmaps

Post by rcmaps »

Hi Denny
I can symphatise with you as I have observed the same issue on my iDash since day 1.
It appears that the reference altitude saved must be in feet although the settings had been changed to metric.
Each time I do this, I find that in the analyze ride section of ibike software, the elevation is still incorrect!
Nowadays I do a workaround by ignoring setting reference elevation but adjusting the known start and end altitudes in ibike software after the ride.
Also, the climbing figures during the ride is three times more than actual probably due to the same related issue.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

We will get on this immediately. Thanks for the clarification.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

We've got the english/metric elevation bug fixed. We will submit to Apple for posting at the App Store.
John Hamann
rcmaps

Post by rcmaps »

Thanks guys for getting this fix.
8-)
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

iBike 1.0.7 has been posted. This fixes the english/metric elevation bug.
John Hamann
Ali

Post by Ali »

Thanx, great We will get on this immediately. Thanks again for posting and clarification.