Odometer Not Updating

DaveH

Odometer Not Updating

Post by DaveH »

For some reason my odometer does not always update. Just adding up my ride files from this week I have 33.7 miles but the odometer shows 25.6. Is this a known issue?
rcmaps

Re: Odometer Not Updating

Post by rcmaps »

I don't believe this had been discussed before but I have observed this too since the beginning. I am not too worried about this as I keep a log of my rides in a spreadsheet file including odometer.

However, I suspect it has to do with whether at the end of the ride, whether you hit the button end current ride or just exit the app by pressing Home button or just plain yank the device out of the phone booth when the app is still running. In all cases, the ride is recorded and ended correctly but I suspect the odometer may not be recorded correctly in some of the cases but I haven't really tested it out yet.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

To be safe, you should touch the "End Ride" button. That will update everything properly.
John Hamann
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

I assumed it had to do with hitting the "End Current Ride" button but I would have thought that would get updated as you go. Not a big deal since all my ride files are accurate and that's what's really important.

OK Thanks.
jons

Post by jons »

I have never seen this before. I just check the operating instructions and do not see an "End Current Ride" function. I know you can do a trip reset if you hold the center button, which I never do. Is this what you mean?

The real question I had was to find out if there is a way to find out the odometer reading stored in the ride file in any place. It would be nice to see what my mileage is across seasons and compare that to NP readings for similar rides.

I could keep a spreadsheet if that is necessary.
/jon
rcmaps

Post by rcmaps »

I haven't seen this saved in the ride file unless it's in the encrypted part of the csv file.

Try out Golden Cheetah software - it's great and free as well. It's a similar product to WKO but as it's open source and free probably has fewer features but the key ones are all there.

Alternatively, keep a spreadsheet training log. I use it to also monitor my gear and maintenance schedule such as when was the last time the chain got replaced, lubed or when the bike was serviced etc
jons

Post by jons »

Thanks, I may go to the spreadsheet approach. A short while ago I was tinkering with the idea of writing something that would extract data from the iBike file's unencrypted area and put it in a spreadsheet for easier comparison across seasons. this may push me over the edge. It would be a nice to have feature in the iBike file though but I can understand how they might not want to change the format all that often.