iBike Dash Feature Request

Roadiemark

iBike Dash Feature Request

Post by Roadiemark »

Hi
i have been using the garmin edge products for sometime and have been looking to jump to power training but not having to spend out to much to kit out all my bikes, anyway love the ibike products got hold of an isport and use it on my TT bike. now i have a dash with power, i was looking to use just the ibike dash but it is miss some of the garmins gps features!! so can't loose the garmin off the bike just yet, the features i think need to be on the dash are as follows:

1. follow route GPX file or the likes.
2. Nav point to point.
3. File transfer ether by itune file share.
4. Download map sets like open street map cycle or cashe maps (lots of free maps to download in this format its all i have used on the garmin very good maps).

these are just a handfull i can think of now please feel free to add to the list and hope that john adds some to the development list.
the ibike dash is a very good product and i love the power trainer.

keep up the good work
Mark
Trek Madone 5.5
Suunto t6c
Garmin Edge 800
Garmin FR910 XT
isport
ibike Dash+power
ithlete
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: iBike Dash Feature Request

Post by Velocomp »

Thank you very much for these excellent suggestions.
John Hamann
pvogel

Post by pvogel »

Follow route would be awesome -- the best part of google maps is that they have bike routes on the maps and they are capable of doing a routing that's bike-aware, something better than Garmin can do -- but I agree, maps need to be cacheable or store at least a state or three of data on the device.

Couple other feature requests from this rider who often does multi-day organized rides:

1. let me update a blog/tweet/facebook live from the app updating my location on the road -- my family and contributors to the charities my rides support like to follow updates from me on the road that include stats from the ride.

2. E-mail of the ride files is great, but it would be even better if the ride could be uploaded to a website where people can follow my route on Google maps or some such, direct upload to training peaks would be a nice option as well.

3. Being able to enter my daily ride guide instructions (just typing them in would be fine) with a display panel to show the upcoming instruction, swipe forward/backward to advance to next/go back to previous instruction, and a view that shows the whole list would be awesome.

4. Keeping the DRG instructions as part of the ride data hat can be uploaded would be really cool for maintaining the history, especially if you store the GPS location at the time you advance the instruction so the ride track can have pins with the instructions from the DRG.

5. Being able to mark "points of interest" as you ride so people who ride the following year can visit points of interest (wineries, etc.) would be really cool.

6. Being able to mark instruction points as you ride a route for the first time so all major turns, etc. can be turned into a ride guide would be awesome.

7. Some on-iphone analysis capability would be awesome -- just the basics -- show me a graphic of the hill profile I just rode for 4-8 hours, etc.

Many of these features were features of the "bike brain" which used a palm pilot back in the 90's to do the same kind of multi-purpose bike computer/GPS/etc. as iBike Dash does now -- I realize a lot of the iBike dash users are into the training/power features (which are definitely awesome) but I have to believe a large crowd would be very interested in the touring/organized ride features as well and might enlarge the audience for the Dash with and without power.

Come to think of it -- are y'all hiring or looking for some freelance contributions? I could be convinced to make a change... I have 25+ years of SW development experience and I'd love to be able to combine my passion for riding with my passion for writing beautiful code!
Trek Pilot 5.0
Garmin Edge 705
iBike Dash+Power
iPhone 4
Please help me ride 525 miles down the CA coast to fight Arthritis
http://2011cccnca.kintera.org/pvogel
pvogel

Post by pvogel »

Re: the bike brain -- I see that their website is still live, though I think the product died quite a while ago:

http://www.bikebrain.com/

Particularly check out the sample screens on the "products" page to get a sense of some of what I'm getting at.

Peter+
Trek Pilot 5.0
Garmin Edge 705
iBike Dash+Power
iPhone 4
Please help me ride 525 miles down the CA coast to fight Arthritis
http://2011cccnca.kintera.org/pvogel
Roadiemark

Post by Roadiemark »

Hi

done a couple of night rides now and i would like to see an auto or selectable night colours mode, i know you can dim the back light manualy but a nice colour change like on the garmin and satnavs like tomtom this would be a very nice touch.

mark
love this app and hardware :D
Trek Madone 5.5
Suunto t6c
Garmin Edge 800
Garmin FR910 XT
isport
ibike Dash+power
ithlete
empella

Post by empella »

I will think it would be very useful to se on the screen which direction I am driving in.(Compass)
Garmin Egde has this feature and it can be set up as you wish.
It is very useful in bike races so you always can see tell from which directions the wind is coming!
And for training also when you analyze ex. your TT skills, when you use same course or route
is it very useful with the wind data from the Dash, one can see and compare different rides!
My 5 cents! ;)
Michael Denmark.

Ps. In the upcoming app. will the fail in the showing Fahrenheit-Celsius be fixed, and the Speedometer screen, which shows total km. in the center is showing false addition, it seems that the addition is showing miles despaired it says KM. it would be nice if that will be corrected to? :)
Empella
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

English/metric problems have been corrected!
John Hamann
rcmaps

Post by rcmaps »

I was alerted by another iDash user recently who noticed that the speed readings don't actually match up with the speedometer gauge.

I was able to confirm this a couple of days ago - seems like the speedometer gauge is reporting lower figures than the actual correct digital speed readout. For example, when travelling at 29.5km/h - the speedometer gauge needle was halfway between 20km/h and 30km/h.

Has anyone else noticed this?

btw, I'm on the latest firmware release.

Thanks.
Roadiemark

Post by Roadiemark »

Hi

The ability to edit and or create your own power intervals.

mark
Trek Madone 5.5
Suunto t6c
Garmin Edge 800
Garmin FR910 XT
isport
ibike Dash+power
ithlete
dnhooger

Post by dnhooger »

How about the ability to
view all the data from rides in summery ( I ride to work and they dont allow downloads onto work computers so I cant see that summery of all data till I ride home such as speed and wind etc)
another idea would be the ability to touch a field and have it enlarge the field for say 5 seconds to allow for easier viewing when running multiple fields
(great for us older riders)
thats all for now
I've put 200k on the ibike dash and I am not regretting it at all. The product is fantastic !
dnhooger

Post by dnhooger »

Hi
How about bar graphs or pie wheels in the calender as alternate views for weekly and monthly stats
Norm
Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Cyclemeter has a great Calendar feature in their iPhone app. I would love to see something similar on the iBike. As you can see from this screenshot, it has a simple graphic triangle showing how your current ride compares to previous rides of the same route. Solid green is best (fastest), half green is pretty fast, orange square is average, half red triangle is not too hot, full red triangle is your slowest ride. Since most folks have their favorite routes, it is a good way to quickly keep visual track of your progress and improvement.
Attachments
cyclemeter.jpg
cyclemeter.jpg (54.62 KiB) Viewed 15666 times
dnhooger

Post by dnhooger »

Just thought of another
I saw that the fitness test i did the other day was not able to be analyzed That would be very handy to analyze your fitness ride to look for improvements
dnhooger

Post by dnhooger »

found were i can down load the fitness ride
Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Whiter whites would be nice! Sounds like a laundry commercial... but seriously, if I could inject my #1 feature request, it would be to have whiter fonts for better contrast. I love the change to the black background but the font color remained as an off-white. The plastic screen on the Dash darkens everything, plus the added sunglasses that most of us use when riding, diminishes the contrast.
aaduarte

Post by aaduarte »

My top requests: some mentioned alredy

Sync, Connection and Backup
-Instead or as another option of a Itunes sync. A wifi sync, there are a lot of apps doing it perfectly, like things (getting things done app). Thats just perfect.
-A sync via web with dropbox. And with that you can backup easily all your data also on the cloud.

Facebook and twitter sharing. (MotionX Gps) does that very well. But with everytrail.com, maybe www.strava.com

Apperance

Whiter Whites jaja yeah!

Bolder and bigger fonts, my sight is 20/20 but i need to look at it at a very short glympse, while ridding on the road at 30+kph.

Maps

Yes: 4. Download map sets like open street map cycle or cashe maps (lots of free maps to download in this format its all i have used on the garmin very good maps).

Ride Data

Bugs:
HR when viewed in % gives too many decimal points, none would be neccesary.
Can't find, but mostly it doesn't exist the elapsed time to customize a screen.

7. Some on-iphone analysis capability would be awesome -- just the basics -- show me a graphic of the hill profile I just rode for 4-8 hours, etc.

Features:
The ability to edit and or create your own power intervals. Definetly

Daily stats, (because sometimes I split my rides, because of calibration or something.

Hope we will see some of them at v.1.1.
SSLTTX

Post by SSLTTX »

Just thought I would put in my Two cents on this topic being a longtime IBike user

The two requests I have are:
1.To be able to edit my own intervals.
I buy training plans from Training peaks and need to use their specific workouts.Therefor I need the ability to edit my own intervals. Right now I edit them on my iAero and run both my iAreo and Idash during my power interval workouts. I like the readout of the idash in its interval mode and would like to use that screen.
2.Brighter white on the numbers
In order to have longer battery life I use the auto brightness mode on my ipod, I also have to use perscription glasses with transition lenses, which turn very dark.
A Brighter white on the numbers would be great. :geek:
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

aaduarte wrote:My top requests: some mentioned alredy

Facebook and twitter sharing. (MotionX Gps) does that very well. But with everytrail.com, maybe http://www.strava.com
Since the iDash sends a binary file to increase efficiency, the iBike software is needed to convert to a csv. However, once you have a csv file, http://www.strava.com accepts that file perfectly. http://app.strava.com/rides/576460 for example. From there you can share with FB, twitter, email or blog.
Fernando
Roadiemark

Post by Roadiemark »

Hi

Another nice feature would be an auto lap like the garmin lap by postion or by distance and or time.

mark
Trek Madone 5.5
Suunto t6c
Garmin Edge 800
Garmin FR910 XT
isport
ibike Dash+power
ithlete
aaduarte

Auto Crr change for mountain biking

Post by aaduarte »

Is it possible to adjust the crr if the ibike is sensing a lot of bouncing?
Because it's not the same going in smooth road than bouncing on mtb. Like enabling a MtB mode, that can change the crr based on a high amount of vibration to improve power calculation. :ugeek:
kbmerrow

Post by kbmerrow »

Love the iDash!
only 2 upgrades I think are needed for most is,(1)the ability to set power & HR zones to personal settings and(2) the ability to set the duration and power settings of the intervals. My Garmin is more personalized to how I train than the iDash program.
If these options come...I can ditch my Garmin! :D
'10 Trek Madone 5.9
Dura-Ace tubeless wheel set
iDash+Power