iBike Dash CC Deluxe

JXL

iBike Dash CC Deluxe

Post by JXL »

I apologize in advance if this question has already been answered; however, after searching the forum I have been unable to find the information I need.

I just received my iBike Dash and am new to this manufacturer's products. I am using an iPod Touch with my Dash unit. I have been unable to find the Lap Timer function mentioned in the Features section on the iBike website for this product (http://www.ibikesports.com/detail.aspx?ID=85). I've tried all of the time functions in the iBike app Time/Trip section and have had no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: iBike Dash CC Deluxe

Post by Velocomp »

In the bottom left corner of the iBike app is the Lap button. Touching this button marks the ride file and allows you to see Lap stats on your iBike software.

You can also see ride stats on your iBike app. Go to Options/Send Ride File. Select the ride of interest, then touch the > button. You'll see the Laps you've marked. Touch the > button again to see your lap stats.
John Hamann
JXL

Post by JXL »

Thanks for the quick reply, John.

I'm aware of the lap information available in the software and I've used the Lap button while using the unit. However, I'm referring to seeing the actual lap time on the display during the ride. Is this function available with the current iBike app?

Thanks.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

No, not in this app version.

This is a good idea and is something we will add to our list.
John Hamann
JXL

Post by JXL »

So, is this still on the list?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

There are a lot of things on the list... :D
John Hamann
wklemp

Post by wklemp »

Just want to add support for keeping lap time (split time) on the list. Auto lap is a real plus for Garmin, but just providing split time would be the 80 for 20. As it is with only a lap counter, those of us who train on courses are in the dark. Thanks!
JXL

Post by JXL »

Yeah, I've given up on iBike for interval training. Without the display lap timer it's pretty useless. Who wants to try to count minutes while performing a Z4 or higher interval?

For my interval training friends and teammates, who want a iPhone device and have asked about my iBike, I've been recommending other systems. It's too bad that iBike seems more interested in producing commercials than getting a small, but important, issue like this right.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Since my posting of Dec 5 2010, I personally have received 49,580 emails, and have written 14,662 emails.

Others on staff are similarly busy.

It's difficult to juggle huge workloads and not have anything fall through the cracks.

This one fell through the cracks.

I have forwarded this request to our app developer; no promise on release date, but we will get to this.
John Hamann
JXL

Post by JXL »

I appreciate your attention on this issue and your quick response. Your prompt responses, and those of the iBike staff, has always been top notch. After waiting over a year for this feature to be implemented, I'm sure you can understand my frustration.

Thank you.
JXL

Post by JXL »

Well, after 16 months of waiting on this I've given up. I just received my Garmin 500 today so I can get the display lap timer feature for interval training. Kinda sad about this because I really wanted the iBike work out--and I was really surprised after purchasing this unit and found that a display lap timer was not already part of the set-up.

Also, one of the hinges on my iBike case door has failed so it was either invest in another iBike unit and hope for this feature came at some point in the future, or go the safe route.

So long.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your hinge will be repaired under warranty.

You have your priorities, which we respect.

We have our priorities, too. Right now there are 4 major new products in the final stages of introduction.

We will get to the Lap feature (and several other seldom-requested features) after these new product programs have been completed.
John Hamann