Power surges and high wind gusts recorded

rcmaps

Power surges and high wind gusts recorded

Post by rcmaps »

Hi

I'm hoping for some technical advice.

Today, I went out for a loop ride in sunny warm conditions but with a bit of wind which was blowing West to South Westerly direction at around an average of 12-15km/h with gusts of up to 20km/h according to a nearby weatherunderground station.
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstat ... =IWAIKATO4

Problem is this is the first time I encountered hugh speed spikes on my iDash. Spikes of up to 3285W and lots of 1000+ W coming from something like 100W a second ago !!! This seems to coincide with going over some really rough patches of chip seal roads (crr of something in the vicinity of 0.008 maybe). Sometimes it happens on slightly downhill sections too for no apparent reason. Battery in iPod Touch 3G at 100% as I had the idash battery in the holder. I had also just changed the cadence sensor batteries the night before (tested at 3.3V on a voltmeter before inserting the battery).

Also, there seems to be really wacky HR readings (my max is somewhere in the vicinity of maybe 185 - 190) but I guess it was mainly due to the start of the ride and I probably did not wet the electrodes enough.

Could someone please have a look at the file and let me know if there is something wrong with the unit?

Thanks.
Attachments
iDash_2010_11_10_1721_21_km.zip
Can't uploadd ibd file, so here's the zipped version thanks.
(53.11 KiB) Downloaded 264 times