iBike Dash speed/cadence sensor and HR strap

Norm

iBike Dash speed/cadence sensor and HR strap

Post by Norm »

I saw a web site citing improvements in the iBike Dash speed/cadence sensor and HR strap. While I'm guessing that it was just sales fodder, it seems worth a question or two.

Is there anything special about the Dash's speed/cadence sensor or is is just a rebranding of the Garmin GSC 10? Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing form factor improvements since I'm always worried about breaking off the Garmin's speed sensor arm.

Likewise, any improvements in the HR strap? This seems pretty basic and I can't imagine how this would change.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: iBike Dash speed/cadence sensor and HR strap

Post by Velocomp »

Yep, there are real improvements in both.

A photo is attached of the speed/cadence sensor. Not the same as Garmin's; they own that design.

The HR strap looks the same.

What is new to both is a much better wireless ID system. The ID is permanently assigned, which means that when the sensor's battery is removed and a new battery is inserted that communication is re-established WITHOUT doing a new "Scan".

So, once you have your sensors paired to your iBike it's done--don't have to worry about it again.

This one change alone should reduce your frustration and our tech support calls 90%.
Attachments
combispeedcadence.jpg
combispeedcadence.jpg (200.88 KiB) Viewed 3082 times
John Hamann