Pre-ride Routine

Norm

Pre-ride Routine

Post by Norm »

I've done the 10 coastdowns, 4-mile ride, profile building, and download to iBike. I have my iBike locked rock-solid to my stem with VRK installed.

Now, I'm wondering which of the following steps are absolutely required, recommended, or not needed (i.e. already config'd by the coastdown/4-mile ride profile):

1) Current Weight (bike+rider)
2) Elevation
3) Wind Offset
4) Tilt Calc
5) Temperature acclimation
6) Sprinkling with magic herbs
7) anything else?

Also, if any step is recommended but not required, under which circumstances would the step be advisable?
Site_Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pre-ride Routine

Post by Site_Admin »

Norm wrote:I've done the 10 coastdowns, 4-mile ride, profile building, and download to iBike. I have my iBike locked rock-solid to my stem with VRK installed.

Now, I'm wondering which of the following steps are absolutely required, recommended, or not needed (i.e. already config'd by the coastdown/4-mile ride profile):

1) Current Weight (bike+rider)
2) Elevation
3) Wind Offset
4) Tilt Calc
5) Temperature acclimation
6) Sprinkling with magic herbs
7) anything else?

Also, if any step is recommended but not required, under which circumstances would the step be advisable?
1) Marginally necessary, but not overly so. +-3lbs, but of course, accuracy always helps.
2) DO check this one, especially if you live at sea level, since the barometer is temperature and weather-dependent.
3) MUST DO.
4) MUST DO.
5) MUST DO.
6) ONLY IF THEY'RE PSYCHOTROPIC.
7) Check the battery voltage every now & then. Make sure you download after every ride to increase battery life. Check the website or here every now & then to get the latest software & firmware.