Comparing 2 profiles - How do they look?

megamax

Comparing 2 profiles - How do they look?

Post by megamax »

Hello,

I'm fairly new to using the iBike, and I'm looking for some feedback on how two profiles I have created for different bikes stack up. Both calibration ride and coast downs were done in the exact same location, with today (tri profile) being a tad bit windier then the road profile. The road itself is probably a 7 out of 10 in terms of smoothness. Not glassy, but not chip seal either. I have attached screen shots of the calibration screen for reference.

The first profile is for my road bike. My iBike is mounted on the stem, and I have a moderate position and ride on the hoods, running Vittoria Diamante's Pro's. My only reference in terms of power is riding a computrainer for the last five years. Based on that, PE, etc., I think this profile is pretty darn good. This is only perception, but wattage seems to line up as I would expect.

Last week I got my RWS and decided to setup my tri bike. The iBike is on the stem with the RWS run straight out of the bottom of the aero bars. I have a race this weekend and was very interested in capturing data, so I headed out to calibrate, even though winds were 5-10. I have a decent position on the tri bike, not super low, but not bad. I had my aero helmet, and race wheels (zipp 404's with Michelin Pro race 3) since I was going for a race profile. I don't have a ride to apply this profile to since I had just put the iBike on this bike.

So my questions are:
- How do the numbers compare? I really don't know what they all mean, but FRIC and CRR seem to be farther apart then I would have thought. For the road profile, FRIC is 5.829 and CRR is .0035 and for the Tri profile FRIC is 2.122 and CRR is .0017.
- CDA is .326 on the tri and .377 on the road. Is this what you would expect based on the additional aero gains?
- The coast downs on the road profile seem more consistent. The tri ones seem to vary somewhat widely. Not sure if it's significant though.

Thanks in advance for any feedback or insight you can provide.

Mark
Attachments
RoadProfile.tiff
RoadProfile.tiff (221.1 KiB) Viewed 2395 times
TriProfile.tiff
TriProfile.tiff (213.94 KiB) Viewed 2385 times