Isport great stuff

mtbiker3995

Isport great stuff

Post by mtbiker3995 »

Hello guys,
Received my Isport this week. Did the tilt and ride calibration and other setup this morning and went for a ride. I must say this thing woks great.

A few questions.
I'll go for a week of vacation, if I take out the battery, when I come back and insert the battery do I have to do the tilt and calibration ride, or will it keep the one I did today in his memory?
(In the screen)Unther the watts indication I see a 1.00 somtimes it goes to 2 3 or 4.00 what does this mean?

Thanks
Rubencito Specht
Curacao Dutch Carribean
Russ

Re: Isport great stuff

Post by Russ »

Well, I am fairly sure you will.

I found that unless I do a quick change of the battery with my gen 3 it will do a full reset
when I stick the new battery in, have to reload the profile and all.

So the best thing might be to stick a slightly used battery in for vacation and quick change
to your new or newer battery when you get back. Of course for extremely long storage,
you proably shoud bite the bullet and store without the battery.

Russ
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

You can safely leave in a good battery for two weeks. It won't go dead and you won't have to re-enter any info. I'm not sure where you draw the line and take a battery out if you're away for an extended period but one or two weeks is no problem at all.

The little 1, 2, 4, etc. is a quick indicator of your power output. It responds instantaneously as opposed to the large wattage number that has a slight delay. So if you are showing a 4 and the horizontal bar scale is just over half then you are putting out about 300 watts at that instant. Think of it as a digital linear display.
Fernando
mtbiker3995

Post by mtbiker3995 »

Thanks for the quick answers.

Rubencito Specht
Curacao Dutch Caribbean
coachboyd

Post by coachboyd »

You won't have to redo your calibration ride. The calibration ride stores the wind scaling and riding tilt of the unit. The only time you would need to change that is if you moved your mount (like if you switched to a stem mount of it you adjusted your handlebars). If you change the battery, and it takes more than a minute, make sure to check the date and time, the tilt, and the wind offset. If you change your battery really quick you shouldn't even need to check the date and time.
Boyd Johnson
http://www.boydcycling.com - high performance carbon wheels and accessories
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

And finally, in my experiences the best place to change the battery is go to the battery voltage reading and press the center button. That shuts the unit off. Then quickly switch batteries and you're ready to go.

Hey! Where are you going on vacation? You're in a nice warm place now. :)
Fernando
mtbiker3995

Post by mtbiker3995 »

Brother island of Aruba.

For more information of our races here in Curacao go to http://www.curacaocycling.com.
You are invited for our annualy Amstel Race Curacao, in the 1st week of November, you can ride with the pros.http://www.amstelracecuracao.com

Rubencito Specht
Curacao Dutch Caribbean