Powerpod V3 not connecting to Garmin speed and Cadence Sensors

BVSCRIV

Powerpod V3 not connecting to Garmin speed and Cadence Sensors

Post by BVSCRIV »

Evening (happy Labour Day)!
I’m now the proud owner of a V3 and after setting up ISAAC on my Mac and sending profile 1 to the Powerpod, I’m now failing to connect it to both the Garmin cadence and speed sensors.

Both Sensors are awake (they are showing as connected to my Edge820).
I hold the Powerpod button until it flashes green however nothing connects (Powerpod flashes green for a quite a while and then switches off - neither Yellow for success or red for fail... just off). I’ve tried with the edge820 on (and connected to the sensors) as well as off (in case it makes a difference).

Any tips appreciated!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Powerpod V3 not connecting to Garmin speed and Cadence Sensors

Post by Velocomp »

1) Confirm that your speed sensor is connected to your Garmin by spinning the wheel of your bike. You should see non-zero speed on your Garmin screen

2) Assuming 1) true, press-hold PP button for about 12 seconds, until its light goes out momentarily and then starts flashing. Release the button. This does a hard reset of PP

3) Press-hold PP button for about 4 seconds, until it starts flashing. Release button. This initiates the pairing process. Hopefully this will work!
John Hamann
BVSCRIV

Post by BVSCRIV »

Thanks for the fast reply.
I’ll give it a go. If a hard reset is done though, should I do the Calibration ride before I re-attach it to ISAAC and reset the profile? Or after I have reset the profile?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If you already have your profile stored in your PP, there is no reason to reset it. Hard reset does not affect stored profiles.
John Hamann
BVSCRIV

Post by BVSCRIV »

Brilliant. Thanks again. I’ll post back once I’ve tried it out and can confirm success (won’t be for a day or two though I’m afraid).
BVSCRIV

Post by BVSCRIV »

That’s done the trick! Just the calibration ride left now - can’t wait. Thanks again for the help and fast responses.
Michael Aus

Post by Michael Aus »

Please confirm my understanding from above that O&B ride calibration is stored in the ISAAC profile.
I ask this because despite being present on my Garmin, cadence wasn't recorded by my Aeropod, so I assume I need to re-pair it.
Perhaps there was some clash with HR data, because this was the first ride for me when HR displayed properly in ISAAC.

If so, can we re-pair sensors and then re-send the profile to avoid having to do another O&B cal?

What does the hard reset undo?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Michael Aus wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:27 am Please confirm my understanding from above that O&B ride calibration is stored in the ISAAC profile.
I ask this because despite being present on my Garmin, cadence wasn't recorded by my Aeropod, so I assume I need to re-pair it.
Perhaps there was some clash with HR data, because this was the first ride for me when HR displayed properly in ISAAC.

If so, can we re-pair sensors and then re-send the profile to avoid having to do another O&B cal?

What does the hard reset undo?
Results from the O&B ride, including pairing info, are stored in the profile.

Garmin cadence sensors take a bit of time to wake up. If you don't have cadence data in your AeroPod it's likely because your cadence sensor was not awake when you did the sensor pairing. You should do a new sensor pairing, making sure first all your sensors are awake (confirm this on your Garmin screen). You will have to then do a new cal ride.

Hard reset restarts your AeroPod. It does not remove any of the profile data.

If you have an AeroPod and you're using it with a DFPM, then HR data appears only when your DFPM is not paired to your AP.
John Hamann
Michael Aus

Post by Michael Aus »

Thanks John.

Understood re HR.

So is there no way a satisfactory calibration can be stored off the Aeropod and re-sent to it after sensors are re-paired?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Michael Aus wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:28 am Thanks John.

Understood re HR.

So is there no way a satisfactory calibration can be stored off the Aeropod and re-sent to it after sensors are re-paired?
No, if you're pairing a new sensor.
John Hamann