Traveling From caribbean (PR) to Canada calibration?

yabriel

Traveling From caribbean (PR) to Canada calibration?

Post by yabriel »

I'm planing on traveling to participate in Edmonton ITU Age Group champs and was wondering what king of procedure I should follow to make the most out of my Newton+ there.

The real cuestión is, should I perform a new Cal-Ride? Should I perform a wind cal? Should i leave the Newton as is?

I have my iBike Newton+ calibrated at Puerto Rico (center of the caribbean) at sea level altitude, 90-98 deg F average temperature.

Edmonton is (wikipedia info) about 2,201 Ft elevation above sea level, like 60-75 deg F temperature.

What calibrations should I perform once in Canada to get the best accuracy (like the one I have here in PR)?

Thank you for your time.

-Yabriel
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Traveling From caribbean (PR) to Canada calibration?

Post by Velocomp »

Presumably you're going to pack your bike for shipment. If so you will likely knock around the handlebars. Optimally, you should do a new Cal Ride, or at least ride for 10 minutes on some route so that the tilt sensor can recalibrate automatically.

The Wind Cal should be ok, but if you want to check it at lower temperature that is fine. In a quiet spot with no wind perform a Cal Wind.
John Hamann
yabriel

Post by yabriel »

Great! Thanks for the info.

Yes I'm going to travel with the same bike used in PR and handle bars need to be removed to travel.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Do a new Cal Ride once you've reassembled your bike.
John Hamann