i-aero not responding

pedalpumper

i-aero not responding

Post by pedalpumper »

Hi, Rode last Sat. in the rain and bike spray for 20 miles .Rode next 20 in the sun and dry. Everything worked fine. Unit would not work on Sun. Hard re-set failed to get it working. Tried again on Mon. and no response. Ideas????
lorduintah

Re: i-aero not responding

Post by lorduintah »

Remove the battery, put the device in a small plastic bag with rice (you could wrap the iBike in tissue or paper towel to avoid getting any rice in the air port) and leave it there for 48 hours.

This is an attempt to dry out the circuit bord components inside.

After that - take it out and put a battery in to see if you get a response/operating unit.

Tom
pedalpumper

Post by pedalpumper »

Hi, Tried the rice thing and the unit worked. Now the heart rate monitor is not working. Put in new battery and did hard re-start on both the chest strap and i- aero. Also, Wattage starts off at over 1000 then works it way back to the normal range. ?????
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

pedalpumper wrote:Hi, Tried the rice thing and the unit worked. Now the heart rate monitor is not working. Put in new battery and did hard re-start on both the chest strap and i- aero. Also, Wattage starts off at over 1000 then works it way back to the normal range. ?????
Do a Tilt Cal.
John Hamann
pedalpumper

Post by pedalpumper »

Hi, Did the tilt cal and wattage seems to be woking correctly. Heart rate is still not correct. Comes on for a short interval and then signal says hrt.fail(no my heart did not stop-just the device). Hit re-set and it may come on but again only a short time.????? The time it is working shows up on the graph, but not the failure time just a flat line on the graph.
TriBike

Post by TriBike »

Try replacing the battery in the mount, as well as the battery in the HR Strap. This may solve the intermittent readings.
pedalpumper

Post by pedalpumper »

Finally got the power to work correctly by doing a tilt calc. Heart rate is now working,old strap must have died. Tried a different strap and it works fine. Thanks for everyones help!!!!!