no power readings in trainer setting

rmbingham

no power readings in trainer setting

Post by rmbingham »

My trainer settings have worked fine until this week. When I woke up the ibike it was in the trainer off mode, so I turned it on and then reset the log, which has worked in the past. This time, it didn't and I kept getting 0 power readings. Today, I started it up and it recognized my sensors (hr, cad and speed) and said it was in the trainer on mode. However, when I started pedaling, it then said 'trainer off' and the power readings went back to 0. When I tried to set it through the user sequence, it showed that the trainer was already set to on.

On another note, sometimes when I wake up my ibike, it doesn't go through the normal start-up procedures, such as showing the battery level, wind calibration, etc. and then it won't recognize all of my sensors. Any thoughts on this?
lorduintah

Re: no power readings in trainer setting

Post by lorduintah »

The usual checks -

Battery level OK?
Sensor batteries are OK? All sensors pairing?

Flip the battery in the compartment to refresh an unlock any latched processing - reset the date with the software on your computer.

One of these usually is the culprit.

If not any of these -- keep posting for more suggestions.

Tom
rmbingham

Re: no power readings in trainer setting

Post by rmbingham »

It worked for me today after I did a short ride outside. When i came home I turned the trainer feature on and it was fine. I'll try your suggestions next time I have an issue. Thanks.