odometer limits

Bike4Him

odometer limits

Post by Bike4Him »

It looks like the odometer only goes to 9999.
Is this true?
If so...you've got to be kidding. I don't want to have to write down or remember that I've turned it over, once or twice.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: odometer limits

Post by Velocomp »

Yes, 9999 is the limit.
John Hamann
Bike4Him

Post by Bike4Him »

Velocomp wrote:Yes, 9999 is the limit.
No big deal.
Thanks for the reply.
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Velocomp wrote:Yes, 9999 is the limit.
Let me ask whether there is no place for the 6th digit in the bottom section of iBike display (I mean Gen3) where Odo can be set? If no place, maybe it would be better to avoid the first digit after zero and to add a number before zero to arrive at 99999 as a limit.

I suppose that 5-digit numbers are possible to be displayed in the mid section of iBike display where both total odo and total hours are displayed.

What do you think, John? Any chance of getting new firmwares for Gen3 or just for Newton?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

We have discontinued all development on Gen I/II/III products.
John Hamann
Russ

Post by Russ »

Gosh,

Now this touches on my quandary. I now ride two bikes outside and a third dedicated to my trainer (my first bike is there). Probably the two ways to want mileage totals are:
1) for weekly, monthly, yearly, etc stats for various purposes.
2) per bike stats for things like tire life, etc.

I use an older backup gen 3 for the trainer and Newton+ on the outside bikes.
If I were to go on a multi-day ride I might want to use the odometer for the whole trip and the trip counter for each day, ahhh such flexability :-)

I think the best place for this would be in Isaac.

So call this a feature request for the software side!

Thanks,
Russ
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Velocomp wrote:We have discontinued all development on Gen I/II/III products.
I think I "made" some development on Gen3 using a hidden bug of Isaac. :-) I had wanted to set the odometer with Isaac to 3066.5 km or something like that and I got the following:
fénykép.JPG
fénykép.JPG (202.76 KiB) Viewed 6336 times
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Zoltan wrote:
Velocomp wrote:We have discontinued all development on Gen I/II/III products.
I think I "made" some development on Gen3 using a hidden bug of Isaac. :-)
I did more tests, this time without involving Isaac, and I must say there is a bug in the 4.26 firmware of Gen3. When setting the odometer for both profiles, after the setting everything is fine with the profile which was set last. If you switch to the other profile, that is which was set earlier, Gen3 unit shows a fake overflown odo numbers in the setup/racr/odo, like 15893.4 km, or 584.3km etc.

DO NOT CHANGE these fake numbers, because you get in a never ending loop, you will switch to the other profile, you will feel the necessity to change the odometer of that profle to the right number, and if you switch back to the first profile again .......

Just leave it as it is. The second time when you visit the setup/racr/odo menu, the odometer will be correct. If you may get this fake odometer number after pressing left buttons (I mean out of the setup menu), just visit the set up menu, go to rACr/odo menu, but do not change it whatever you see, and next time, you will get the right odometer number even out of the setup menu.

As an other approach: NEVER VISIT THE ODO SUB-MENU IN RACR MENU IMMEDIATELY AFTER SWITCHING PROFILES AND YOU WILL NOT SEE THIS PHENOMENON AT ALL!!!

This is what I found. And I know there will be no development on Gen3, but maybe the elimination of this bug would be an elegant move from Velocomp.