Software screen info question

Bike4Him

Software screen info question

Post by Bike4Him »

On this ride I did not use the interval feature.
What determines the intervals shown at the arrow and what knowledge can I gain from these?
Attachments
iBikescreenshot.png
iBikescreenshot.png (90.58 KiB) Viewed 8357 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Software screen info question

Post by Velocomp »

It's really tough to see what is in this image. Please post the ride file from which this image came and we will take a look!
John Hamann
Bike4Him

Post by Bike4Him »

Velocomp wrote:It's really tough to see what is in this image. Please post the ride file from which this image came and we will take a look!
Sorry, I wasn't trying to show the info, I just had a general question about this display area of the software and what can be done with it.
Here's the file. Thanks for your help.
Attachments
18 mile Lake O&B 2-26-12.ibr
(289.36 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

It looks like you used the Lap function (press-hold the left arrow).

The sections that appear correspond to the places where you press-held the left arrow.
John Hamann
Bike4Him

Post by Bike4Him »

Velocomp wrote:It looks like you used the Lap function (press-hold the left arrow).

The sections that appear correspond to the places where you press-held the left arrow.
OK, I didn't realize that. I thought I knew most every function. The lap function will be great for me.
I was actually checking NP and TSS along the way and didn't know I was hitting laps.

Is there some readout that tells me what lap I'm on? Or that I actually hit the lap function.
dbrouse

Post by dbrouse »

I had a bunch of those in my ride yesterday. I looked at the NP and TSS but I didn't hold the button. Is it that sensitive?
Bike4Him

Post by Bike4Him »

dbrouse wrote:I had a bunch of those in my ride yesterday. I looked at the NP and TSS but I didn't hold the button. Is it that sensitive?
I rode today and actually held the button until it read, lap1 done or lap 2 done.
I did numerous laps to get a feel for what this function does.

I agree with the above post. I've always seen many intervals on that screen but have never held the button down to produce a lap count.
As I look back on many rides there are always seemingly random intervals showing.
When I use the interval function they seem to be somewhat more accurate but not super precise.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

It's not THAT sensitive. You may just be holding the button longer than you realize. Also note that if you continue to hold the button after Lap starts blinking you will enter another mode where you can review all your previous laps with the up or down arrow. You exit the review mode by pressing the center button.
Fernando
Bike4Him

Post by Bike4Him »

racerfern wrote:It's not THAT sensitive. You may just be holding the button longer than you realize. Also note that if you continue to hold the button after Lap starts blinking you will enter another mode where you can review all your previous laps with the up or down arrow. You exit the review mode by pressing the center button.
What I have found is that a lap is recorded if you just touch the left button. If you hold it it will start blinking.
So, as I scroll the left button to check NP and TSS I start a lap.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Well that's not right. It sounds like you'll have to contact tech support and they'll help you from there.
Fernando