Newbie Help

blueraidermike

Newbie Help

Post by blueraidermike »

I have been using the trainer mode, completing the ride and then wanting to download the results to learn the software. When I have connected the unit to my laptop and go to down load the ride, nothing is registering...in addition the ibike memory is showing 99% full. I have erased all the data and completed another ride but once again its shows the memory as full and the ride is not in the ride list.

In addition, on my latest ride, the watts are jumping all over the place despite a constant gear and cadence.

I appreciate any suggestions, want to learn the unit and software this month before I jump into major winter pain intervals!
racerfern

Re: Newbie Help

Post by racerfern »

Try connecting the iBike to the computer, connect to the iBike then click on Erase Data in the software. See if that clears your old data out.

If you have already tried this, then do a battery reset by removing the battery and flipping it over for a second or two. You won't lose anything other than the date and time. Then try again.
Fernando
blueraidermike

Post by blueraidermike »

OK, good news and bad news...I did as you suggested. Rode for 35 minutes on the trainer just to get a ride.

So, the good news is the ride downloaded. The bad news is the data is messed up...example, average cadence was 47, average power was 18 watts, but it got my HR correct, it average 130 and the speed was right, 16.8 mph. This was all small chain stuff around 90 cadence.

What could be off?
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

So what made the memory clear, using the software or flipping the battery?

It sounds like you have you cadence and speed sensor switched possibly. Slippage on the rollers? Wrong profile for your trainer. Lots of possibilibities. Can you supply more info and also post a file?
Fernando
blueraidermike

Post by blueraidermike »

Here is the file...Can you tell anything from this? You can tell there are a lot of zeros in the power column.

As far as what erased the memory, not sure...I just did what you suggested.
Attachments
iBike_10_11_2011_1641_10_Miles.csv
(446.68 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

You're losing cadence signal so you're losing the power signal. So I see you have a cadence id but the button is not lit. I see this by extracting the profile from the ride. The profile is your riding profile not the trainer profile. However, the point is the cadence sensor is not highlighted.

Actually, if I think about it more this is almost a bug though I'm not sure where the problem actually lies. Did the power drop on the iBike during the exercise or did the power seem about right while you were actually pedaling? Please make sure your cadence sensor and magnet line up properly.
Fernando
blueraidermike

Post by blueraidermike »

OK, it was the cadence - not aligned...I corrected this and now the number look normal.

The other question I have is when I do ride it in trainer mode, how do I make sure? Its says "on", yet its showing wind, elevation change on the profile.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

As long as it says Trainer On when turning the unit on, you're good to go. Ignore wind and elevation.
Fernando