Wireless observations/requests

jslopez93

Wireless observations/requests

Post by jslopez93 »

- Would it be possible to have the autostart feature (instead of clicking the button once the ride starts). I just seem to forget to power up the Ibike several times during the ride and I've noticed that if you have chunks of missing ride data, it throws of the software analysis (power spikes). An alternative but not as good fix, maybe a longer time before the ibike powers down.

- I get extremely high short bursts of cadence readings. I'm going to guess that it happens when the ibike is powering up and locating the cadence mid ride.

- Third (and really minor) Ibike software says HBR. I assume this is for HR but what's the "B" stand for. Also unit of measurement is RPM.

Thanks for the continued awesome work guys,
travispape
Site Admin

Re: Wireless observations/requests

Post by travispape »

jslopez93 wrote:- I get extremely high short bursts of cadence readings. I'm going to guess that it happens when the ibike is powering up and locating the cadence mid ride.
Could you send me a couple of files that have this problem? I'll look into adding a filter to handle such events.
jslopez93 wrote:- Third (and really minor) Ibike software says HBR. I assume this is for HR but what's the "B" stand for. Also unit of measurement is RPM.

Thanks for the continued awesome work guys,
The rpm -> bpm fix has already been made and you will see it in the next build. The "B" is for beat. I'm not sure why all the other SW developers who have neglected the B should be allowed to get away with that. There's room for it. Why should we unnecessarily kill bees?

Ok, I just killed the B, but I'm washing my hands on the matter. :-)

Travis
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

travispape wrote:
jslopez93 wrote:- I get extremely high short bursts of cadence readings. I'm going to guess that it happens when the ibike is powering up and locating the cadence mid ride.
Could you send me a couple of files that have this problem? I'll look into adding a filter to handle such events.
Thanks for sending the file. Yes, the false-cadence readings seem to be happening when you restart pedaling; however, your speed is not dropping to zero, so these aren't a matter of the iBike powering up after a long stop. Is there any chance that your neutral pedal position sometimes leaves the crank magnet near the sensor? I'm wondering if the sensor is actually close enough to the magnet while you are coasting that it is picking up random counts.

Travis
Isaias

Post by Isaias »

travispape wrote: I'm wondering if the sensor is actually close enough to the magnet while you are coasting that it is picking up random counts.

Travis
That brings up a good point, Travis. I know that when I descend a hill and I want to be "aero", I'll have the pedals at 3 and 9 o'clock--right where the stays are and where the cadence sensor may be mounted. If the road is rough enough, one could get false peaks by inadvertently keeping the cadence sensor active even though you're not pedaling in circles.