droe

OS X Lion

Post by droe »

Is iBike software and drivers compatible with Lion
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: OS X Lion

Post by Velocomp »

To the best of our knowledge, we are OK.
John Hamann
Galego

Post by Galego »

I am having connections problems.

iBike for Mac 5.1.1 crashes when attempting to connect to the iBike Pro. W.as connecting without problems with Snow Leopard

Should I upgrade the USB Drivers?

In attach the report generated.
Attachments
iBike_5.1.1_Lion_Error.pdf
(56.54 KiB) Downloaded 382 times
---
Specialized Roubaix Comp
Galego
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

I am using Lion and I am not having any problems connecting and running my iBike Pro analysis. It may be you USB software, so I would encourage you to get the latest that was on the forum and install the drivers. You should also run Disk Utility and repair permissions - if you have not done so.

Tom
velobob

Post by velobob »

I am having the same problem. Software crashes when trying to connect to iBike and download a ride. I reinstalled the USB drivers from the lastest version available on the iBike website. Is there a more recent driver version available somewhere else? Also tried running Disk Utility. The iBike unit does not appear on the drive list.
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

The iBike will not appear in Disk Utility - it is used to repair application permissions on the boot drive. Hard drives and some disk images will appear in the Disk Utility list - not applications or other hardware like the iBike.

As far as USB problems - you may have to go through the uninstall process before installing the most recent iBike and USB driver software, if yours is not up-to-date. I will leave that to Travis to help you or comment on. Unless you know UNIX, removing the drivers is not like a drag-and-drop to the trash removal. (If you are game, the Applications folder has a "National Instruments" folder and within that is a "NI VISA" folder - inside is a text file - Uninstall.txt - This describes all the places where files need to be removed. Unfortunately, removing these do require you to use the Terminal - which means UNIX navigation and commands.)

Tom
Galego

Post by Galego »

lorduintah wrote:I am using Lion and I am not having any problems connecting and running my iBike Pro analysis. It may be you USB software, so I would encourage you to get the latest that was on the forum and install the drivers. You should also run Disk Utility and repair permissions - if you have not done so.

Tom
Nice to hear about the iBike & Lion.

I will try to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. I saw @ SiLabs website, that there is a 2.9 version. Do you believe it is better to use the latest from SiLabs or the latest from the forum?

Thanks for the info.
---
Specialized Roubaix Comp
Galego
kondrag

Post by kondrag »

I had to re-install the iBike software, the NI runtime, and the latest USB drivers from scratch to get it to work. Just updating to the latest drivers didn't fix the crashes when trying to access the device.
Galego

Post by Galego »

lorduintah wrote:The iBike will not appear in Disk Utility - it is used to repair application permissions on the boot drive. Hard drives and some disk images will appear in the Disk Utility list - not applications or other hardware like the iBike.

As far as USB problems - you may have to go through the uninstall process before installing the most recent iBike and USB driver software, if yours is not up-to-date. I will leave that to Travis to help you or comment on. Unless you know UNIX, removing the drivers is not like a drag-and-drop to the trash removal. (If you are game, the Applications folder has a "National Instruments" folder and within that is a "NI VISA" folder - inside is a text file - Uninstall.txt - This describes all the places where files need to be removed. Unfortunately, removing these do require you to use the Terminal - which means UNIX navigation and commands.)

Tom
Perfect!

Now it is working 100%.

What I have done:

1- Followed the instructions from the Uninstall.txt file, and removed all the files (I was able to do this from the finder);
2- Restarted the computer;
3- Installed SiLabsUSBDriverDisk.dmg ( I've downloaded the 2.9 version from SiLabs website);
4- Restarted the computer at the end of the install;
5- Launched iBike Software, connected the iBike Pro. When I tried the 'Connect' it sad that I should download the NI Visa Runtime for iBike. I accept to download, and then installed it;
6- Restarted again at the end of the install;
7- Launched iBike Software, connect the iBike Pro and was able to connect the iBike ;)

Note that I didn't have to reinstall the iBike Software.

Thanks for the help!
---
Specialized Roubaix Comp
Galego