Appending files

gmc219

Appending files

Post by gmc219 »

Why is my ride being boken up into 7-10 mile segments? It had never done that before. I am having to append 7 or files to get my complete ride.
racerfern

Re: Appending files

Post by racerfern »

Possibly because your battery is low. When the battery voltage hits a certain threshold (2.66?) you get a lo BATT warning which you may or may not see. The ride then gets committed and a new ride begins. However, the stats in the window display continue to accumulate from the beginning so everything looks OK until you download the data.

Try switching out for a new battery and see if the problem continues.
Fernando
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Fernando is correct. When battery voltage drops below 265, we start saving the ride files automatically every 30 minutes. This is so that you don't inadvertently lose the entire ride file.

This phenomenon happens more frequently in winter, because temperatures are lower and the CR2032 battery loses oomph more quickly.

Change your iBike and wireless mount batteries and this will stop.

You might also want to consider the new rechargeable wireless mount, shipping very soon.
John Hamann
coachboyd

Post by coachboyd »

I found a trick that makes appending the files pretty easy. Open up the first of the split files, then select to append the file. Now select the second of the split files, hold your shift key, and select the last of the split files.

Click yes to force the elevation to join smoothly and voila it will take all those files and combine them into one nice file.
Boyd Johnson
http://www.boydcycling.com - high performance carbon wheels and accessories