New Profile Required?

Mamil

New Profile Required?

Post by Mamil »

I do quite a bit of riding with lights and would like to understand the "calibration" impact of using the same profile both with and without lights. I've attached a photo showing my command and control center with the iBike and the lights mounted. The front of the iBike is about 1 cm forward of the light head. The gap between the light and iBike is about 3.5 cm.

The basic question to be answered is do I need to use 2 pofiles - one with the lights, and 1 without the lights.

Does anyone have any thoughts?
Attachments
Lights & iPro.jpg
Lights & iPro.jpg (107.24 KiB) Viewed 3951 times
Mamil

Re: New Profile Required?

Post by Mamil »

Your comment about the wind is exactly what I observed (generating 3000-4000W did seem superhuman). I've also found that descending at higher speeds also causes problems.

Hopefully others will chime in....
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

The light in the picture is close enough to affect wind scaling, no doubt about it. I have two large Cateye lights http://www.cateye.com/en/product_detail/345 mounted under the handlebar and as far away as possible from my iBike as possible. With this setup I had no change in wind scaling. Try flipping it over and moving it as far as possible to the right.

FWIW, I have my iBike on the stem and my 705 on the top tube, although the top tube isn't an option with a Bento box.
Fernando
Mamil

Post by Mamil »

Mounting the Seca lights upsidedown won't work since the light lenses aim the beam down and across, effecitvely chopping off the top of the beam. Unfortunately, there isn't any more space on the bars to increase the spread bewteen all the gear. Not sure I undersandthe Bento box remark...

I'll setup the second profile with the lights - hopefully that will help.

Thanks for your comments.