Problems... Fine Tuning and adding new profiles

miket5200

Problems... Fine Tuning and adding new profiles

Post by miket5200 »

...I'm having problems getting the iBike to be accurate.... or at least close to my PT SL I've been using the PT SL for 2 years and everything works fine so I'm very certain what my wattage should be. I also seem to have a problem when I add/send a new profile to the iBike.

First off I've done over 20 CD's and three 4 mile rides. I do the wind offset and tilt before every ride. BUT it still comes up showing 15-20 watts higher on the average power (sometimes more) and 100+ plus on the max watts. And this is after using the auto analyze. During the ride, at times, the 2 power meters show the same wattage. Other times.... especially in cross-tail winds it read VERY high (200 + watts). One time my max watts was 650 watts higher than what the PT said. What am I doing wrong or what can I check?

I tried/played around with the "tweaking" of the CdA and the Crr so that the average wattage equals the PT but the max watts is still much higher. Is this one way of doing it?

Second one.... I made a new profile with these values and sent it to the iBike. Then when I went to go for a ride I got the message "Wireless fail". It couldn't find the speed or cad. This happened once before when I was first setting the iBike up. I had to go and re-pair the sensors. Is this something that I'm going to have to do every time I want to load a new profile? Or is something else going on?

Thanks for the help.
Cheers,
Mike
travispape
Site Admin

Re: Problems... Fine Tuning and adding new profiles

Post by travispape »

miket5200 wrote:Second one.... I made a new profile with these values and sent it to the iBike. Then when I went to go for a ride I got the message "Wireless fail". It couldn't find the speed or cad. This happened once before when I was first setting the iBike up. I had to go and re-pair the sensors. Is this something that I'm going to have to do every time I want to load a new profile? Or is something else going on?

I think the new profile you created might not have had the wireless IDs. There is a way that you can get your iBike sensors paired and then you can "import" the IDs into your profile:

* Menu item "Profiles -> Edit Profiles"
* Highlight your profile in the list
* Press the "Advanced Profile Settings" button
* Press the button to get the wireless IDs from your iBike unit
* Press Accept twice
travispape
Site Admin

Re: Problems... Fine Tuning and adding new profiles

Post by travispape »

miket5200 wrote:First off I've done over 20 CD's and three 4 mile rides. I do the wind offset and tilt before every ride. BUT it still comes up showing 15-20 watts higher on the average power (sometimes more) and 100+ plus on the max watts. And this is after using the auto analyze. During the ride, at times, the 2 power meters show the same wattage. Other times.... especially in cross-tail winds it read VERY high (200 + watts). One time my max watts was 650 watts higher than what the PT said. What am I doing wrong or what can I check?

I tried/played around with the "tweaking" of the CdA and the Crr so that the average wattage equals the PT but the max watts is still much higher. Is this one way of doing it?
Mike,

It would be really helpful if you could send me your PT ride files together with your iBike ride files. Pick some rides where you had both power meters installed and setup well. It looks like you can get my email address by clicking my username to view my profile.

Thanks