training for climbs

cure

Re: training for climbs

Post by cure »

ok i'll give that a try but i think i can only do 1 cal ride at a time on the ibike. i think on my other post coach boyd said it would overwrite the last one if you dont save it on computer before next cal ride... is this how you did it? thanks for the advice!

edit: i will do multiple cal rides today. question still remains, can i use the Excel file to "extract ride file" as a profile if wind cal seems true? or the only way is through saving it as ibcd4m (download cal ride) and use that in the profile? please see attached.

coachboyd wrote:The ibcd4m file is the file that occurs when you do the cal ride and coast downs (IBike Coast Down 4 Mile). This file has all the information for all your coast downs and your out and back ride.

The ibp (IBike Profile) is the file that occurs when you accept a profile. This has your aero and friction coefficients as well as your wind scaling and wireless ID's.

If you go into download coastdowns and cal ride from the iBike software (without your iBike attached), you can then open the ibcd4m file and accept it. This will create the profile for you in an ibp format (try renaming the file to something so you'll know exactly what it was).

Rule of thumb, whatever profile you have selected in your iBike at the time will be the one that get's written over when you send the profile to your iBike. So if your road bike is profile 1, but you are currently on profile 2 that data will get overwritten.
Attachments
extract.JPG
extract.JPG (73.29 KiB) Viewed 2739 times
cal ride.JPG
cal ride.JPG (69.28 KiB) Viewed 2737 times
architect-stamp
cure

Re: training for climbs

Post by cure »

when reading a ride file of a cal ride, the wind offset is on target, is it accurate and safe to use that "extract from ride file" for my profile?
architect-stamp