Help Dialing In Profile Configu (using PT & iAreo)

tbarczak

Help Dialing In Profile Configu (using PT & iAreo)

Post by tbarczak »

Hello,

I've been riding w/ an iAero and PowerTap for some time. Profile configuration is decent but iAero is consistently reporting lower numbers in groups but high numbers when solo and I just can't get my profile tweaked to line up. I take file after file, do tweaks to the file in iBike4 post ride that get the iBike and PT data to match nicely either solo or in group but can't get both to match. It's never too far in terms of TSS and Normalized Power (the two I really care about), just enough to matter in a weekly report. I was wondering if someone might be able to look at a ride file for today that is 50% with a group (drafting at speed, ect.) and 50% solo riding endurance paces and possibly suggest some tweaks to the profile that might get this thing dialed in better.

Specifically the IBike is reporting ~20watts lower (normalized w/ about 20TSS points lower on avg) than the PT when in groups (aka drafting) while showing upwards of 20watts higher (normalized w/ about 20TSS points higheron avg) when riding solo. It's just enough to make it hard to gauge the data.. I have tried to tweak CdA and Crr but just can't find the right balance. Attached is the ride file and export of my current profile. Any advice or help in dialing this file in would be greatly appreciated.
Profile Screen shot
Profile Screen shot
iBikeProfilePicSept1.jpg (44.06 KiB) Viewed 2220 times
Thanks for your help.

- Todd
Attachments
FujiPrimarySept1Profile.ibp
Profile Export
(478 Bytes) Downloaded 262 times
iBike_08_31_2010_0614_42_Miles.csv
Example ride file (w/ PT data)
(1.67 MiB) Downloaded 250 times