The iBike for Mac 4.04 is toast

noel

The iBike for Mac 4.04 is toast

Post by noel »

I haven't been using my iBike Aero FW rel 4_19 until this week. So when I fired up my iBike for Mac ver 4.02 it asked me if I want to upgrade to iBike 4.04.

I did that and now the software won't respond. I either get the crosshair or the hand with the pointing finger icon. The only thing I can do is communicate with the iBike Aero, get the FW and Serial and download a ride. After that I cannot do anything with the ride, open a saved ride or even open the Help->about IBike Pro. I've restarted the computer 3 times.

I am using a MacMini 2GB memory and the OS is 10.5.8. I've tried running it without any other apps running to no avail.

This worked without issues until this upgrade. What is the uninstall procedure for iBike for Mac and where can I get the old software. How do I save my old profiles, without going though the app and how do I reimport them back?

Thanks
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: The iBike for Mac 4.04 is toast

Post by Velocomp »

Travis will contact you separately.
John Hamann
noel

Post by noel »

By the way I am also the guy who cannot register with my email address and you guys registered me with email noel@velocomp.com,,, an email that I do not have access to. I'll email you guys directly

Thanks
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

Noel, as you pointed out, we don't have your email address. Email me at tpape at velocomp.com.

Travis
noel

Post by noel »

I'd like to post a resolution to this in case it may apply to other users.

Travis sent me a 4.02 link. Thanks Travis. I uninstalled the 4.04 and went back to 4.02 and I was still having issues.

The problem was not the software but the last ride file. It must be corrupt or something. IT showed my average was 1600 watts :ugeek:

So after I renamed that file iBike cannot find it anymore and it reverted either to the sample file or my latest ride file.

I think the file was so messed up that iBike cannot process it at all. I tested opening that file in both versions and the symptoms persist. As if iBike is hunged up,

Thanks