iPro - calibration with PowerTap DFPM?

jim_s

iPro - calibration with PowerTap DFPM?

Post by jim_s »

I've got a Gen III iPro and have gotten my hands on a wired PowerTap SL for a while. I'm interested in trying to dial in my iBike further, and I believe I've seen/read that you can do this by running some type of analysis/comparison of the iBike ride file vs the DFPM data for the same ride(s). Is this correct? Is there a way that I can do this? When I go into the iBike4 software, there is a 'Features' menu item, and a 'Add DFPM Power Data' sub-item, but all the items under the 'Features' menu item are grayed out.

Also, I figure this is not a possibility, but I'll ask anyway just out of curiosity. :-) I know that a wireless PT can be used with a wireless iBike via the ANT+ protocol. Has anyone ever managed to get a wired iBike to communicate with a wired PT? (such as to try using the iBike as a head for the wired PT). I'm guessing this could probably be accomplished w/ some custom firmware or some translator box or such between the two, but both are likely way beyond price/effort justification of my mere curiosity. :-)

Thanks,

Jim
jparker

Re: iPro - calibration with PowerTap DFPM?

Post by jparker »

You need the iaero or the iareo upgrade to your ipro for it to see another DFPM and I'm almost positive that it has to be wireless.
jim_s

Post by jim_s »

Just to be clear - I'm not trying to see 'live' data from the PT on the iBike (though part 2 of my question is expressing curiosity about that...) My assumption is that I should be able to somehow do some after-ride analysis and comparisons between the iBike data and the PT data to dial the iBike in further though. (I'm pretty sure I saw prior discussions about this, and thought I'd seem something that Boyd had written or demonstrated or such that did this, but darned if I can find anything about it now.)

Jim
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

You do need an iAero to perform comparisons.

With a DFPM file, use the "Tools/Power Meter Comparison" feature to sync with your PT file.
John Hamann
jim_s

Post by jim_s »

At one time, there was talk of a little guide being put together regarding Boyd's process for doing off-line comparisons between iBike and DFPM files for the purpose of tweaking iBike profiles. Has any progress been made on that?