not seeing DFPM power in software or Training Peaks

mk_42

not seeing DFPM power in software or Training Peaks

Post by mk_42 »

I have an iAero and a Powertap Pro DFPM. Since I got the powertap I've essentially been using the ibike as a head unit.
ON the bike I am seeing power reported by the Powertap (as the instructions say I should). However when I bring it into the software, the "power" window has the ibike power (NOT the powertap power). The csv file DOES have the DFPM power in it. The only way I can see the Powertap power is to go to the analyze DFPM area (where I do see it).

More importantly, I use training peaks to track my workouts, and I can't see the PowerTap power there either.

I would like the Powertap data to be the primary power reported...is there a way to rig that up? I couldn't find any obvious buttons anywhere.

thanks
_42
mk_42

Re: not seeing DFPM power in software or Training Peaks

Post by mk_42 »

So I have partially figured this out in case anyone is having the same problem:

In the ibike software there's a rather obvious check box on the left (above the lap window) that says "view DFPM". Feel kinda dumb for not having seen that earlier. That part of the problem is solved.

The training peaks problem is a little more annoying. If you use TrainingPeaks it will import the ibike Power data, but if you import through WKO it will import the DFPM data instead. In either case it's just labeled "Power" so you have to know yourself. I have a question in to TrainingPeaks to see if you could explicitly specify or something. If I learn something useful I'll report back.