iSport questions

pok

iSport questions

Post by pok »

This is a repost from the iSport section - but as there have been no replies, thought I would try here.....

Hi

I have just purchased an iSport from the Australia distributor. After a few runs, I'm very impressed. Some comments/questions:

1) It has firmware 3.02. Seems that is pretty old - is this actually a Gen III model? Is there any value in me getting the USB connector and updating to the latest firmware (will it be any more accurate?). I'm not too keen on sending the unit all the way to the US to get the firmware updated by iBike.

2) The lap function is a great thought, but you can't review previous laps after the ride which is very odd (and basically makes the function useless)

3) My instruction says to do coast downs - but reading the latest firmware instructions - they say to NOT do coast downs. For rel 3.02, should I be doing them or not? If I've already done coast-downs, how do I stop the iSport from using the results of them?

4) When I do coast downs, I can see the Aero and Friction numbers by pressing the Totals button. Is the iSport using these numbers if I do an Est CdA after the coast down?

5) At some point I put a CRR of 62 in the setup - however now it is 101. Was it a coast down or calibration ride that changed it?

6) What parameters is a calibration ride changing? CDA, Aero, Wind?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

PS: When I ride INTO the wind (on the flat) at 130 heart rate, the iSport shows around 140watts. When I turn around and ride WITH the wind at the same heart rate, the iSport is showing around 200watts. Is this a wind calibration issue?

Paul