Sensors and transfer between wireless and standard mounts

talaskgg

Sensors and transfer between wireless and standard mounts

Post by talaskgg »

I own 2 bikes. One has a wireless mount, the other the standard mount. Last week I had a mechanical with hte bike with wireless and switched the iBike to the bike withthe standard mount, so I switched off the wireless mode and off I went. It worked ok, except that I somehow lost my profile on the iBike and the stadnard one defaulted and caused some very low wattages. But when I went back to the wireless bike I found that my sensors were no longer "found" and I had to repeat the "finding" process (including the battery shorting thing). The question s shoud I anticipate that I will have to do this every time I switch the iBike between wireless and standard bikes? Or, was this just associated with the "lost" profile process?

Second, has anyone had a problem reloading 2_0_1? Somehow I lost my communications with th eiBike device and I have been unable to get it back. I got a message that says that the program will not add any files or some such and I can't make it work.

Glenn
Site_Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sensors and transfer between wireless and standard mounts

Post by Site_Admin »

talaskgg wrote:I own 2 bikes. One has a wireless mount, the other the standard mount. Last week I had a mechanical with hte bike with wireless and switched the iBike to the bike withthe standard mount, so I switched off the wireless mode and off I went. It worked ok, except that I somehow lost my profile on the iBike and the stadnard one defaulted and caused some very low wattages. But when I went back to the wireless bike I found that my sensors were no longer "found" and I had to repeat the "finding" process (including the battery shorting thing). The question s shoud I anticipate that I will have to do this every time I switch the iBike between wireless and standard bikes? Or, was this just associated with the "lost" profile process?

Second, has anyone had a problem reloading 2_0_1? Somehow I lost my communications with th eiBike device and I have been unable to get it back. I got a message that says that the program will not add any files or some such and I can't make it work.

Glenn
The profiles always save sensor pairing information, so you should've loaded your profile before riding. Now that you have a new pairing, you need to save that.
It sounds like you've punched the tar baby (like others). Send me a private note and we'll schedule a tutoring session.