Analysis of route and other things

bex
Location: 'twixt Sylvan Lake and Eckville in Alberta, born in Manchester England. Always an Englishman

Analysis of route and other things

Post by bex »

I went into this feature of IB software and found I could not un-tick the out/back part (actually I can, but it keeps coming back)
It was not an out and back course, we do however live on a grid system of roads, north/south/west/east.
I started the ride with about 2 mile south then a longer stretch heading west, then north for 8 miles or so and then three miles east.
The wind did not noticeably change direction so is the software "assuming" an out and back in parts because of the wind direction?
Additionally, the software has "assumed" I was drafting in parts. Why is this? Is it for when I am being passed by vehicles?
My watts still zero in places even when pedaling and despite Coach Boyd tweaking my profile I don't know how many times recently and last season.
And finally, I have yet to go on a ride that when analysed, I do not get the info concerning barometric pressure being unable to set it, or something. When I fetch it, the ride profile is not even close to what I actually did. So which is better to use?
Ride attached.

Bex
Attachments
Ipro_05_09_2010_0816_24_Miles_Steve.csv
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 247 times
coachboyd

Re: Analysis of route and other things

Post by coachboyd »

With the new route analysis feature it analyzes the elevation profile and makes assumptions based on that. You had an elevation profile close enough on parts to trick it into thinking you had an out and back ride.

If you hit the tab to analyze the route you can uncheck that the wind changed and that the ride had drafting. Then if you click that the ride started and ended in the same place it will make the correct assumptions updating your wind readings and drift due to barometric pressure.

Did you let the iBike acclimate to the outside barometric pressure before you started? In your rides recently have you noticed if most of them have about the same wind reading errors? Have you done anything recently to change the position or angle of the iBike on your stem? I am trying to figure out why the wind readings may be a bit off on this ride.
Boyd Johnson
http://www.boydcycling.com - high performance carbon wheels and accessories