ride analysis software

rid-rider

ride analysis software

Post by rid-rider »

can someone educate me on the ibike analysis software. Can you get reports of your peak 5 second, 10 second, 20 second, 1 minute, etc figures. I saw a ride comparison a friend did on our 2 most recent rides with his SRM and my ibike. I think he out into WKO but it had all these different intervals and comparisons for these peak outputs. It included power but also the elevation gain, HR, TSS, HR, speed, etc. Id like to be able to analyze peak powers across different intervals a well but cant figure out how to do in ibike software. the only thing I see is the entire workout. Can I break the ride down and run different reports? Thanks Shawn
racerfern

Re: ride analysis software

Post by racerfern »

iBike3 software is not designed to give you critical power numbers. That's a job for WKO, SportTracks or Golden Cheetah. WKO and SportTracks can also track your TSS to help determine your level of fitness and freshness and track your TSB.
Fernando
Morocco Mole

Post by Morocco Mole »

racerfern wrote:iBike3 software is not designed to give you critical power numbers. That's a job for WKO, SportTracks or Golden Cheetah. WKO and SportTracks can also track your TSS to help determine your level of fitness and freshness and track your TSB.
"Golden Cheetah", man your killing me, and I thought I was a software junkie !! :lol:
gregh3285

Post by gregh3285 »

GoldenCheetah? This one's new to me leaving me with the what-rock-have-I-been-hiding-under feeling. I'm grabbing a copy out of git to do a build locally. This looks promising (for the Linux nerds among us). The riding in the basement and writing code phase of the year is now upon us.
MultiRider

Post by MultiRider »

rid-rider wrote:can someone educate me on the ibike analysis software. Can you get reports of your peak 5 second, 10 second, 20 second, 1 minute, etc figures. I saw a ride comparison a friend did on our 2 most recent rides with his SRM and my ibike. I think he out into WKO but it had all these different intervals and comparisons for these peak outputs. It included power but also the elevation gain, HR, TSS, HR, speed, etc. Id like to be able to analyze peak powers across different intervals a well but cant figure out how to do in ibike software. the only thing I see is the entire workout. Can I break the ride down and run different reports? Thanks Shawn
You can left click on the power chart and drag to create an interval that the iBike software will then calculate min/avg/max for power, HR, speed, cadence, etc. I find that to be extremely useful. There are a couple rides I do fairly often with some big hills. I like to look at just those efforts and the drag/select feature is extremely cool for that.
Jim Mason
C'dale SuperSix, Specialized Transition, Ibis Mojo, Orbea cx
gregh3285

Post by gregh3285 »

From two posts ago, I got GoldenCheetah working. This seems like a really cool tool for the non-Windows-centric computer users among us. It beats the python script I wrote to decode iBike csvs to generate static web pages about my rides. All that said, it's January in Wisconsin. I WANT OUTDOOR RIDING BACK. I'm seriously Jonesing for something other than my trainer.
steveoc

Post by steveoc »

+1 for GoldenCheetah - brilliant !!

Absolutely fast and snappy too - I have given up on trying to get SportTracks 'working' under mono or wine. GC is the bomb.

There is a new patch out that includes 'aerolab', which I believe uses the Chung method to calc Crr and Cda. Interesting. Available as a binary download for linux as well.
steveoc

Post by steveoc »

On GoldenCheetah ...

I have got my copy of Golden Cheetah working with iBike wind data - the wind data is now stored in the ride file, and can be plotted next to wheel speed in the Ride Plot. Patch submitted - its currently in the git repository. Fair bit of work to do yet making it pretty, but its all good fun.

Does not affect the performance manager parts of the package, but its nice to see the (unique to iBike) wind data being displayed now in Golden Cheetah as well.

:P
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

And here's a screenshot of the iBike wind plot for one of my rides as seen in the beta release of SportTracks 3.0 with the iBike plugin that reads all the fields. Not perfect, but it works. Also the data is not yet editable as are the other data tracks.
Attachments
ibike_wind_plot.JPG
ibike_wind_plot.JPG (59.24 KiB) Viewed 13299 times
Fernando
mechgt

Post by mechgt »

New SportTracks iBike plugin version just posted, along with some instructions and screenshots on the SportTracks iBike plugin homepage. The goal of this project is to make iBike integration with SportTracks as clean as possible. If anyone has any feedback or features you feel are missing or need to be improved, feel free to leave feedback here or over at the SportTracks forum (see Change Log link below). There's been quite a bit of improvement over the last version (stability and new features).

Check out the Change Log for v0.4 for some highlights on what's new here.
MultiRider

Post by MultiRider »

BTW, when you use your mouse to drag-and-drop an interval onto the iBike chart to see min/avg/max power and speed and HR and cadence and such, you can then right click and "Create Annotation" which will display on the chart. Thus, you could do several annotations with average and max power for predefined intervals like 5s/10s/20s/etc or for your own intervals. Or whatever you find useful.
Jim Mason
C'dale SuperSix, Specialized Transition, Ibis Mojo, Orbea cx