Analyze Route

Avanti

Analyze Route

Post by Avanti »

Hi Guys,

Hoping to get some guidance, last night I completed a ride 2 hour ride with 7 repeats up a local hill. Everything was going well and in summary this is what I saw:

- Power constant around 200 Watts on the first part of the ride
- Fairly still night, not much wind around weather report suggests 6-8kmh winds
- The ride did not end where it began

Now questions, after analyzing my file the initial avg power was 198.7. Pretty much where I thought it was at looking at the numbers the IBIKE was displaying during the evening. I stopped during the course of the ride twice to do a couple of offset's all values were pretty good.

After I go into Analyze the route which I do after every ride, I unchecked did the rider draft and did this ride end where it began. This drops my average substantially to avg 147.5.

Ok up until the hill repeats I was going along at a steadish endurance pace and to be honest perceived effort was around that 180 - 200 mark. The hill repeats were tough....Looking at the file, I'm wondering why ( a ) I seem to have a tailwind almost all the way as this wasn't the case and ( b ) On the hill repeats whilst not going at major speed and not much wind around showing such high values.

Interestingly when I tick did the ride end where it began the wind changes a fair bit showing head wind in parts and virtually no wind at all on the climbs.

So really what I'm after here is to what I could of possibly done wrong...I train to power now and pay not much attention to heart rate, this sort of a fluctuation on a ride really makes me question how hard I'm actually going and also whats the process reviewing a ride file was I correct to untick all that info (thats probably a dumb question but I just want to clarify it)

Ride file is attatched I look forward to your comments, cheers all.
Attachments
0.csv
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 253 times
racerfern

Re: Analyze Route

Post by racerfern »

I think you clicked something by mistake. I downloaded the ride and reverted to the original download which is the last selection on Tools. Then I analyzed and came up with an average of 193.9 and the wind looks a ton better. I did create one lap marker just before the hills. This is without any of the analyze boxes checked.
Attachments
0Analyzed.csv
(1.62 MiB) Downloaded 251 times
Fernando
Avanti

Re: Analyze Route

Post by Avanti »

Thanks alot Fernando...As always your spot on, cheers.