SRM, Newton Power Meter Review in German magazine RennRad

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

SRM, Newton Power Meter Review in German magazine RennRad

Post by Velocomp »

This is a very detailed review of power meters: SRM, Newton, Polar-Look, Garmin, Quarq, and Cinqo. The author did a very careful job in testing, and this is a very important magazine.

The review came out in mid January 2014.

I think you're gonna be amazed by what the review says :-)

It took us a long time to complete the translation, and we did it as carefully as Google Translate would allow. Our colleague, who lives in Germany, checked the translation and he says it is quite good.

ENJOY!
Attachments
Eng_Rennrad012714_red.pdf
(946.31 KiB) Downloaded 1884 times
John Hamann
ldmitruk

Re: Power Meter Review in German magazine RennRad

Post by ldmitruk »

A very interesting read. I think the testing methodology was well designed. I think some people in a forum that shall not be named could take lessons on how to plan a test from this article. ;)
Russ

Post by Russ »

Congratulations Velocomp! Very nice review.

I notice this may be able to use a translation touch up under software:

"Also iBike has developed with Isaac a very graphic
software with many features, but they reveal themselves right away only to absolute professionals."

I suspect it means, together with the later comments in the same section, that there is a learning curve and that only those already experienced in power data might have only a slight slope :-) That said, I adapted quickly as a novice.

Russ
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Russ wrote:Congratulations Velocomp! Very nice review.

I notice this may be able to use a translation touch up under software:

"Also iBike has developed with Isaac a very graphic
software with many features, but they reveal themselves right away only to absolute professionals."

I suspect it means, together with the later comments in the same section, that there is a learning curve and that only those already experienced in power data might have only a slight slope :-) That said, I adapted quickly as a novice.

Russ
It was a Google Translation.. :-)

I think you're right on with your interpretation, so we have changed it and uploaded it in this thread.

It's good to know, too, that for you (at least) Isaac is not as inscrutable as the reviewer implies!
John Hamann