Import Smart Trainer gpx/fit/csv file.

flysplat

Import Smart Trainer gpx/fit/csv file.

Post by flysplat »

I have a Bkool Smart trainer that doesn't appear to be supported by Powerpod.

Can a file generated by Bkool such as gpx/fit or csv be imported into Isaac so that I can delve into the greater analysis provided by Isaac?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Import Smart Trainer gpx/fit/csv file.

Post by Velocomp »

I'm not sure what you want to merge...

If your trainer can export a gpx file, then the gpx file can be merged into Isaac with this command. But, I don't know what info your gpx file has, and if that data will be read by Isaac.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 4.18.11 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 4.18.11 AM.png (215.32 KiB) Viewed 4781 times
John Hamann
flysplat

Post by flysplat »

Hi John,

What I want to do is view data from a gpx/fit or tcx file that has been created by the smart trainer in Isaac as a new ride so that I can view it in the same format as a "Powerpod" ride with the same graphs and data analysis.

I'm guesing the files, whilst having the same file extension such as gpx, tcx or fit probably aren't compaitible with Isaac.

I know how to merge data, say from my Garmin, so that I can see the route under the GPS tab.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

flysplat wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:21 am Hi John,

What I want to do is view data from a gpx/fit or tcx file that has been created by the smart trainer in Isaac as a new ride so that I can view it in the same format as a "Powerpod" ride with the same graphs and data analysis.

I'm guesing the files, whilst having the same file extension such as gpx, tcx or fit probably aren't compaitible with Isaac.

I know how to merge data, say from my Garmin, so that I can see the route under the GPS tab.
The only way to import gpx data into Isaac would be by recording a PP file, with a speed sensor on your trainer bike and PP paired to it. I have no idea what data, if any, Isaac would accept from your trainer.
John Hamann