Isaac v. 4xx download link?

BruceK

Isaac v. 4xx download link?

Post by BruceK »

I was wondering if there is somewhere to download Isaac 4.xx for macOS?

After my Joule GPS went for a recent high speed tumble, I am back to using my trusty iBike Pro 3. I do not need Catalina compatibility and would like to have back the same features in Isaac 4xx that I had a few years ago. I paid a lot of money for the Pro 3 hardware with firmware upgrades and would like to download recent data. Thank you. Cheers!
texmurphy

Re: Isaac v. 4xx download link?

Post by texmurphy »

I have download for Issac v4.1.1 for Windows. However, instead of a forum post, I suggest you email technicalsupport@velocomp.com
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

BruceK wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:34 am I was wondering if there is somewhere to download Isaac 4.xx for macOS?

After my Joule GPS went for a recent high speed tumble, I am back to using my trusty iBike Pro 3. I do not need Catalina compatibility and would like to have back the same features in Isaac 4xx that I had a few years ago. I paid a lot of money for the Pro 3 hardware with firmware upgrades and would like to download recent data. Thank you. Cheers!
You should try installing Isaac/Mac 5.1. It may work just fine on your older Mac. If it does not please email jhamann@velocomp.com
John Hamann
BruceK

Post by BruceK »

Thanks. I found v. 4.1.x in an old backup. I'll use that to download my data on a White MacBook running Lion. Version 5xx works on my newer MacBook Air running Catalina, but requires a paid upgrade to download my data - something I will not do under the present circumstances.

After all these years, I still have the "icicles" problem with my iBike Pro, i.e. wind graph always showing a tailwind when the actual ride is a tailwind/crosswind/headwind situation. Utilizing "Analize Route", I can usually correct it and bring my average power within 10-15 watts of my Stages DFPM. The same was true when I had access to a Powertap wheel. The iBike calculated watts measurably different no matter what I did with my Profile(s). I borrowed a much later generation Newton and experienced the same thing. The only way I could get a precise and consistent watt measurement out of the two iBike head units was to use the "Check Calibration" feature on an out-and-back ride and use my DFPM(s) as the reference for my Profile(s).

Whether or not the aforementioned problem on the Gen 3 iBike Pro is a blocked wind sensor or internal instrument error - I do not know.
Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 11.10.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 11.10.58 AM.png (346.68 KiB) Viewed 8399 times
Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 11.07.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 11.07.50 AM.png (302.16 KiB) Viewed 8399 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

BruceK wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:36 pm my Profile(s).

Whether or not the aforementioned problem on the Gen 3 iBike Pro is a blocked wind sensor or internal instrument error - I do not know.
Your wind sensor data is wacky. Analyze Route tries to approximate the wind speed, which is what brings your watts closer.

Your unit is almost 10 years old and has original-generation analog sensors in it. It's impossible to tell what is going on with your particular unit, but most definitely it will not function well if wind readings are not correct.
John Hamann