Profiles are duplicated

mir

Profiles are duplicated

Post by mir »

When creating a new profile in Isaac you can enter a name for the profile and after the cal ride when the data is loaded you are requested to give this profile a name once again. By doing this you have to profiles stored in Isaac for the same bike. The default name when you create the profile is 'New Road bike' which is exactly the same default name presented to you when importing the cal ride data. To me this means that either the name you enter when creating a profile is not stored or when you import the cal ride data the name for the profile is not read or ignored.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Profiles are duplicated

Post by Velocomp »

It's a bit confusing...

1) When you create a new profile using Device/SetUp you name the profile, let's call the profile name "x"

2) When you use the Edit/Edit Profiles menu, you also have an opportunity to create a profile name.

Use the same name for the same profile in the various places where you can create a name and all will be well.
John Hamann
mir

Re: Profiles are duplicated

Post by mir »

Velocomp wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:57 am It's a bit confusing...

1) When you create a new profile using Device/SetUp you name the profile, let's call the profile name "x"
Check.
Velocomp wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:57 am 2) When you use the Edit/Edit Profiles menu, you also have an opportunity to create a profile name.
This is not here a change profile names. When you have made the O&B calibration and pairing the sensors for the first time then next time you import data from PP Isaac will show a pop-up explaining that new sensors have been found for a known profile and ask whether to save the identified sensors with the profile found in Isaac. If you answer yes to the message another pop-up is shown were you can enter a name for the profile. The default name 'New road bike' is preset in the edit dialog. So you say that I should leave the preset and Isaac will store it my the previous name given by me? My suggestion would be that the pop-up for a name should never occur since Isaac clearly already have identified an existing profile and simply automatically save the sensor id's to the identified profile.
Velocomp wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:57 am Use the same name for the same profile in the various places where you can create a name and all will be well.
Agreed, but why ask for a profile name when a name has already been given?