Isaac not connecting to PP3

CP_in_SC

Isaac not connecting to PP3

Post by CP_in_SC »

John, I think I've solved the issue with my O&B ride that I posted you about under the PowerPod topic (For reference: https://velocompforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=5331).

I now want to send you a ride file, but have a new challenge: Isaac for Mac does not recognize the PP3.

(BTW, I've forwarded this question by email to technicalsupport@velocomp.com ... but not sure if this is an issue for Tom or for you?)

What's happening:

In Isaac, Device/Set Up Device, followed instructions to set up my PP3, and nothing happens. The software doesn't see PP3.
I then try Device/Connect, and get a window listing Com Port for Bike as <-1>. After hitting Test Connection, I get a message window stating: “iBike needs to use a port in the range 1-64.”

As the application suggests, I’ve downloaded the Silicon Labs Driver, installed it, and rebooted. Didn’t help.
I’ve check the “Common Tips” and have done all of them except for one: I have not tried a Hard Reset of the PP3, as I don’t want to lose data. Is this something I must do?

Here are my system/software details:

Running Isaac for Mac 5.1.0
Running this on an older Mac (2011 Air) running High Sierra 10.13.6

Thanks!

Craig
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Isaac not connecting to PP3

Post by Velocomp »

It sounds like the SiLabs drivers aren't installed.

You'll find these drivers in the Mac/Isaac link. Try reinstalling them.
John Hamann
AlexSlok

Post by AlexSlok »

Goodmorning,

I have the same problem as the topic starter, but on a Windows 10 machine with Isaac 5.1.0. It looks like there is a problem with the SiLabs drivers. I made some screenshots (text on the pics is in Dutch).
powerpod2.jpg
powerpod2.jpg (6.68 KiB) Viewed 8542 times
powerpod3.jpg
powerpod3.jpg (63.73 KiB) Viewed 8542 times
powerpod4.jpg
powerpod4.jpg (90.44 KiB) Viewed 8542 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

AlexSlok wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:15 am Goodmorning,

I have the same problem as the topic starter, but on a Windows 10 machine with Isaac 5.1.0. It looks like there is a problem with the SiLabs drivers. I made some screenshots (text on the pics is in Dutch).
powerpod2.jpgpowerpod3.jpgpowerpod4.jpg
Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann
AlexSlok

Post by AlexSlok »

Hi,

I solved the issue myself. It seemed that Bluetooth devices on my system confiscated the COM ports that Isaac wanted to use. It may just be a workaround, but I disabled Bluetooth for the time working with Isaac and enabled it afterwards.