How to load firmware, and firmware keys, with Isaac

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

How to load firmware, and firmware keys, with Isaac

Post by Velocomp »

If you've purchased one of our firmware feature keys for your AeroPod/PowerPod/Newton device, or you are loading a firmware file emailed to you by Velocomp, then you need to use Isaac to install the key or firmware. Here's how to install it:

1) Place the key or firmware on your desktop

2) If the key or firmware file is in ".zip" format, double click the .zip file to unzip the file

2) Connect your device to Isaac

3) Go to “Device/Unlock Feature/Send Unlock Key…”

4) Navigate to the unzipped key/firmware file, then click the “Open” button to install. MAKE SURE TO NOT TOUCH YOUR COMPUTER OR DEVICE DURING THE UPLOADING PROCESS!!

5) If you have installed a feature key, after installing the key you can confirm its installation by going to “Device/Unlock Feature/Get Unlock Status…” You should see the feature you installed listed in the unlock status window.

6) If you have installed a firmware file, after installing go to "Device/SN-FW version" and confirm that the firmware version number installed matches the firmware version number in the file
John Hamann
Speedyg

Re: How to load firmware keys with Isaac

Post by Speedyg »

Just want to say that you guys have gone the distance!! The new software is faster than the old and works perfectly thus far. Faster DL from the device with Powerstroke enabled as well. I was glad to pay the 20 bucks for the upgrade.

Cheers and thanks for the work,

Jim
the shovel

Re: How to load firmware and firmware keys with Isaac

Post by the shovel »

I tried following the instructions to install the new Mac version on my 2018 MacBook Pro 13” version running the latest version of Catalina.

When I tried to restart my Mac to complete the installation, it got to the startup screen loading the OS, but when the progress indicator gets fully loaded to the end, it hangs up before the the login page appears. I’ve tried restarting but now I can’t even use my computer because it hangs without finishing the boot sequence.

Did I need to buy the update to use with my 2017 PowerPod before starting installation?

Any suggestions for how to get my Mac to boot up fully now that this has happened?

Thanks,

Rick
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

No, you did not have to buy the update prior to installing Isaac.

This is a macOS problem. I would contact Apple Technical Support. Once Apple gets you so that your Mac will boot, let me know and I will help you with getting Isaac installed.
John Hamann
the shovel

Post by the shovel »

My Mac is back up and running after a reinstall of the operating system. Surprisingly easy.

(For any others who have this problem in future, note that Catalina OS X does not have “safe mode” like older versions of the Mac OS. What to do if your mac hangs when installing the first file in the sequence to install the 64 bit version of power pod software is to boot up pressing the command and R keys immediately when the machine begins to boot, before the apple logo appears. This will give you the option of just installing a new OS, and it doesn’t disturb any of your files or settings.)

I see now that “NI Max” and a folder called “NI Instruments Other“ are installed. Are they the result of the first step, installing the file “NI Visa Runtime”?

Shall I just follow the rest of the install instructions from here, or is there something else I must do first?

thanks,

Rick
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

the shovel wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:11 pm My Mac is back up and running after a reinstall of the operating system. Surprisingly easy.

(For any others who have this problem in future, note that Catalina OS X does not have “safe mode” like older versions of the Mac OS. What to do if your mac hangs when installing the first file in the sequence to install the 64 bit version of power pod software is to boot up pressing the command and R keys immediately when the machine begins to boot, before the apple logo appears. This will give you the option of just installing a new OS, and it doesn’t disturb any of your files or settings.)

I see now that “NI Max” and a folder called “NI Instruments Other“ are installed. Are they the result of the first step, installing the file “NI Visa Runtime”?

Shall I just follow the rest of the install instructions from here, or is there something else I must do first?

thanks,

Rick
I've sent you an email regarding this...
John Hamann